Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 7, 2014

Normal


Aaaah, routine. I have a love/hate relationship with it, as illustrated above.

Right now we're in the love stage.

Here's some snapshots of what our normal looks like right now:


This girl, always in a dress up dress, but with the added accessory of a sweatshirt since we moved to Antarctica. (Just kidding. Antarctica is warmer.)


This girl, who informed me she was going to "put on allll of my sweatshirts and alllll of my sweatpants so I won't be cold." Layering is about more than just fashion these days!

(Have I mentioned it is crazy cold here?)


This planner, which I'm dorkily excited about. It came in the mail yesterday and I'm getting ready to fill it in. I'll show you later why it might just be my favorite planner EVER.


These deer, which visit our backyard at least once a day now to forage for food. I love living in a place where lots of wildlife congregate! We haven't set foot in our backyard since the last time it snowed, but it is full of animal tracks and we've had fun trying to identify what's what. There are definitely deer tracks right outside one of our windows.


These schoolbooks that make both Lily (and me) look forward to learning together each day.


And this is what I hope my afternoon looks like, once the girls are napping. A fire, a cozy blanket, my Bible, and this commentary in Romans that I'm finally almost finished with after nearly a year of study. Romans is a weighty book! (Also, I struggle with consistency)

Yes, this what normal looks like today, along with some toilets to clean, dishes to wash since our dishwasher is broken, laundry that has piled up, a messy storage room that needs to be reorganized so I can put away the bins of Christmas decor...yes, normal, we've missed you, messes and all.

2 comments:

Tricia @ The Domestic Fringe said...

That looks like wonderful normal!

It's crazy cold here too. When I'm in the house, I layer my fleece pink robe over everything. It's very attractive.

Looking forward to hearing about your planner. I love the idea of planning, but honestly, I stink at it. Organization isn't my strong point.
~FringeGirl

Kelly said...

Where did you get your planner? I still have to get one for the year - since we were sick last week. I love having a paper planner! :)

Your normal looks a lot like our normal. It is super cold here in AL too!

 
Images by Freepik