- Yes, I am still here.
- No, I have not had the baby yet.
- Yes, I am ready.
- No, I am not having contractions.
- My due date is Thursday.
- Please don't touch my belly.
- Yes, my feet are swollen. Would you like to buy me a pedicure?
I think that pretty much covers it ;)
Seriously, though. Thirty nine weeks. Full term! I will be honest with you, I am suuuuper uncomfortable. Like, never felt this way at the end of my first two pregnancies. My doctor said that as you have more children, "the labor tends to get easier but the pregnancy tends to get harder." Totally feelin that. I can't pretend like I'm not ready to get the party started!
But.
THIRTY NINE WEEKS!
FULL TERM!
That day in the bathroom, crying over that pregnancy test I honestly did not believe we would make it to this day. And here we are! A full term, healthy baby wiggling around inside of me!
I had an appointment this morning. Things looked and sounded great, we have an ultrasound scheduled for next Monday if I haven't gone into labor by then. The doctor said she didn't think I would make it to that appointment. I'm not sure I agree with her, but I'm praying she might be right :)
If he doesn't make his grand entrance this week, we will induce at 41 weeks. So we are almost there. SO close to the finish line!
In other news, we ran over a nail and had to get a new tire in our van this morning. Went to the grocery store and stocked up on a few things. A *few* meals are in the freezer, although I'm not nearly as prepared as I was before Sophia was born. We cleaned the house from top to bottom on Saturday. The lawn is mowed. This would be a GREAT day to have a baby ;)
And, some pictures of what our days have looked like the past few weeks.
Most of the time, they love each other.
Lily and I went to get pedicures together as a special Mommy/daughter treat on Memorial Day. This was her first time, (and will probably be the last for a good long time) so she thought it was pretty awesome :) I almost never get pedicures so this was a special treat for me, too - I needed something to distract from the cankles, right? ;)
Sometimes you just need to snuggle with your Daddy and watch a cooking show!
Lily was at VBS every morning last week. This was dress like an animal day. She makes a pretty cute kitten, I think :)
Hope your Monday is going great! Maybe sometime this week I'll be posting pictures of a baby! ;)



2 comments:
Looking forward to it!
Can't wait to see the pictures of little man!! :) Lily and Sophia are growing up so fast - they are beautiful!! Praying for you!
Post a Comment