Anyway.
It's true, I read a book. A really simple, really short, really good book and it was so awesome I knew I had to spread the word.
Moms.
Buy this book.
It's only 8.99 on Amazon right now which is roughly the cost of two Grande Iced Caramel Lattes with Whipped Cream and Caramel Drizzle which may or may not be my favorite drink at Starbucks.
And believe me, this will be money far more well spent.
I bought this book on the recommendation of a friend, got it in the mail on Tuesday, sat down with it that night fully intending to just read the first chapter and ended up reading the entire book. Yes, I am a speedy reader, but the book is really a quick and easy read.
The basic gist is: a mom struggles with reading God's Word consistently. Same mom struggles to teach her children the Word consistently. Lightbulb goes off - why not combine the two? So she commits to reading one chapter of the Bible at breakfast every morning with her kids -- I should note -- young kids, her oldest was four at the time. The book details the blessings that came from that time.
I love the simplicity of it. One chapter a day. Five days a week. Always at breakfast. If you're thinking, "I couldn't do this because I'm not disciplined" - read the book - neither was she!
If you're thinking, "I couldn't do this because my kids are too small," - read the book - her kids were too (she had three under four when she started).
If you're thinking, "What about the hard passages? What if my kids don't sit still? What if they won't listen?" Read the book - she covers all that!
I'm telling you, it had such an impact on me that we started reading the Bible together at breakfast the very next day. I'm so excited to see how the Lord uses this time in the lives of our children. He promises that His Word will not return void!
In conclusion: I read a book. You should too :)



1 comment:
Thanks for the recommendation Amy. I just bought it! :-)
Post a Comment