After we had Luke we had people bringing us meals for about three full weeks. It was awesome. Almost everyone brought us a dessert. Also awesome, except if you consider the fact that in one week's time we received approximately one month's worth of desserts. And somebody was going to have to eat all that dessert so it wouldn't go to waste! Challenge accepted ;)
This was one of the desserts we received and it was probably my favorite. I knew immediately I needed to find out how to duplicate it and I was thrilled when I found out how easy it is!
The funny thing is, it consists of three ingredients that I'm normally just so/so about.
Vanilla ice cream? Meh
Cool Whip? Unless its on my coffee, I can take it or leave it.
Oreos? Only if there's no other chocolate in the house
But mix them together and something magical happens.
It really could not be simpler:
Three Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Cake
-1 tub (16 oz) Cool Whip
-2 packages Oreo cookies
-plain vanilla ice cream
1. Soften ice cream.
2. Thaw Cool Whip.
3. Crush Oreos (do not crush into fine crumbs - you want them to still be kind of chunky)
4. Mix ice cream, Cool Whip, and half of the Oreos together and spread in 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Oreos on top.
5. Freeze until hard.
6. Eat.
You know what's a great motivation to get some exercise?
Knowing you get to eat dessert afterwards.
Or Oreo Ice Cream Cake.
Happy Tuesday!



No comments:
Post a Comment