Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 23, 2015

Adventures in Tooth Fairying

I mentioned last week that Lily lost her first tooth, which meant that we had our first ever visit from the Tooth Fairy!

When I told Lily that she needed to put her tooth under her pillow so the Tooth Fairy could take it away and leave money, she said, "Mom, just give it to me straight: are you the Tooth Fairy?"

Nothing gets by this girl ;)

She also was very concerned because she wanted to KEEP her tooth, not give it away. I told her she needed to write the "Tooth Fairy" a note and ask her if she could please keep it.

Here's what I found under her pillow:





Dear Tooth Fairy,
i want too keep my tooth PLeAse
Biy
from Lily To Tooth Fairy

Translation: Dear Tooth Fairy, I want to keep my tooth please. Bye.

Then there was the hurried postscript on the side:
i hav lost my tooth i men lidrly

Translation: I have lost my tooth. I mean literally.

Which she scribbled when she couldn't find the little plastic Baggie she was keeping her tooth in. There are so many things I love about this note, namely the Kindergarten spelling and her use of the word literally. 

(By the way, I'd like to say that I think everyone's lives would be a little bit easier if we just changed all the words in the English language so they were actually spelled phonetically)

Luckily she did end up finding it and shoved it under her pillow. Sophia, not wanting to be left out, also wrote a note:



This is what it says as translated to me by Sophia:
Dear Tooth Fairy, Please let my sister keep her tooth. 

(It also has holes poked in it, but I have no idea why)

So I crept in after the girls were asleep (nobody ever mentioned how nerve wracking it is to be the tooth fairy!) and left some money under Lily's pillow and notes for them both.



And it looks like we'll be doing it all over again soon, as Lily has two more loose teeth waiting to come out!

Now please indulge me while I reminisce over pictures of baby Lily when those loose teeth were brand spankin' new:







STOP.

This growing up stuff. I can't handle it.

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik