Do you do anything special to celebrate?
I'll be honest, this is one of those holidays that I've never paid much attention to, other than the requisite green-wearing to avoid getting pinched!
But having kids makes it so fun to do little things to celebrate! We don't do anything too crazy, just little touches here and there :)
This morning we had a few errands to run and while we were out we picked up a fun cupcake to surprise Daddy at work. I also let the girls pick out a cupcake to split!
The girls each picked out their own outfits this morning - note Sophia's head to toe green. She was disappointed that she wasn't able to find a green hat to wear!
Also, do you notice something missing from Lily?
She lost her first tooth! She's had two loose teeth for a couple of weeks now, one on top and one on bottom. The bottom one came out last night when she was trying to get her bottle of shampoo open using her teeth (crazy girl!) She was excited at first, then terrified because it started to bleed a little. Then there was a harrowing moment where she couldn't find the tooth on the bathroom counter where she'd set it and thought it had gone down the drain...because, tooth fairy!! I assured her the tooth fairy would still visit and then we discovered the tooth on the floor so all was better.
And she maaaaayyy have carried the tooth around with her in a plastic baggie all morning because she was so proud of it.
I remember when she first got that tooth! *snnnifff* It was the first one to come in and the first one to come out!
Anyway...
This has nothing to do with St. Paddy's day, but we stopped at one of my favorite consignment stores while we were out and I scored some super cute stuff!! All of this for $31, including a pair of sparkly Bob's for Sophia that were JUST what I'd been searching for. I can hardly stand to pay full price for kids' shoes because they grow out of them sooo fast!
Tonight I'm going to *attempt* to make cabbage rolls, and if they're super gross, there's always frozen pizza ;) And for dessert...shamrock shakes!
That's about as festive as we get here! Anyone else do something fun to celebrate? Eat green pancakes? Go on a treasure hunt? Eat Lucky Charms? Dance an Irish jig? Do you wear green or do you risk the pinching?
Have a great Tuesday!!



2 comments:
Shamrock Shakes are a tradition for me, as well!
Only one of my kids had something green to wear and I don't even own anything green either! I'm not sure what is wrong with me. Hooray for Lily's tooth! That is exciting!
Those are some great finds! I have got to get out to consignment sales and get the kids some summer clothes!
Post a Comment