Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 29, 2009

25 Random Things

For lack of anything better to write about, today you get....

25 Random Things About Me
(originally posted on my Facebook page)

1. I am quitting my job to stay at home with my baby girl THIS FRIDAY!! :)
2. My new favorite dessert is Peanut Butter Oreos.
3. I have never liked ice cream, but strangely enough, craved it when I was pregnant. (It has lost its appeal now that I've had the baby :)
4. I have never ever dyed my hair or even gotten highlights.
5. My eyes are greenish/hazel, but everyone assumes they are blue.
6. I hate running more than any other form of exercise. Oddly enough, I thought I would like running track in high school (that only lasted 1 year)
7. I kill pretty much every plant I touch. Not intentionally, I just don't have a green thumb.
8. I sometimes kind of like getting stuck in a long line at the grocery store because then I can browse through those dumb "US Weekly" magazines :)
9. I used to wish my name was Melissa or Michelle. I have no idea why.
10. I am a complete sucker for every romantic comedy out there. The sappier the better.
11. Oddly enough, (in light of the last fact) I thought that A Walk to Remember was stupid.
12. I don't really know how to text. I'm terrible at it.
13. I really don't like talking on the phone.
14. I actually really, really like being a secretary.
15. I am a teensy bit OCD about organization and cleaning. Kind of like Monica on "Friends" (only not quite that bad).
16. I lived in Pennsylvania for 6 years when I was in elementary school.
17. I actually really love living in the Midwest. Iowa doesn't really bother me.
18. I briefly considered studying political science in college.
19. I never had a boyfriend in highschool. My husband was the first and only guy I ever dated, and he was more than worth the wait :)
20. I am allergic to Amoxicillin.
21. I was the CO-editor of my highschool newspaper, and I love to write!
22. I tend to have a very short temper which often surprises people.
23. I don't like watching Oprah.
24. I love listening to talk radio, especially Glenn Beck, he cracks.me.UP! :)
25.I am distantly related to Mark Twain!

Aren't you glad you know all that useless information about me? You'll never get that 60 seconds of your life back :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ethan LOVES talk radio. Before law school, almost every he knew came from The Simpsons or talk radio. Now those two constitute 75% of his knowledge and law school the remaining 25%. :)

I don't like talking on the phone either. :)
Megan Epley

 
Images by Freepik