Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 18, 2009

Baby Dedication and More

So...I created this blog and now I haven't posted anything - I'm still figuring the whole thing out. And we've been ridiculously busy -- can't wait until I'm a full time mom -- then I'll have more time for the really important stuff...like blogging :) I'm kidding of course. I'll be able to catch up with Regis and Kelly too :) Kidding again! I don't really need to play up the stereotype that all stay at home moms do is watch TV and eat bon bons!

Anyway, today was Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, and also baby dedication at our church. The service was, in a word, AWESOME. They showed a really neat video on the miracle of life -- sooo good! Pastor read some really neat verses and gave a great challenge and a prayer for each child who was being dedicated. Then he gave the sermon and I just have to say WOW. Very challenging. I couldn't even begin to summarize it here, and if I did it really wouldn't do it justice. Dave and I were both so challenged to be the kind of godly parents to Lily and our future children that they need -- a scary responsibility -- but an awesome privilege! I wish I could say I have pictures but...I don't. I'm trying to get better about taking pictures. I blame some of it on not having a very nice camera :) Today I did take it with me to the service, but forgot to ask someone to take pictures for us. I hope to get copies from someone at church, so maybe I will post some later.

I DID take some Christmas pictures -- even though I know it's a little late, I didn't start this blog until after Christmas, so that's my excuse :)

Here are a few:



This is Lily in her super cute Santa hat from Grandma P.

Sorry, that's all you're going to get :) Our connection is slow today and I don't have time to wait for more pictures to upload :) Maybe I can get a few on tomorrow.

Anyway, it's bedtime for Lily so I must go!

Until next time...

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik