Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 23, 2009

I'm Losing...

My husband and I have a little bet going. Not a bet "per se" but a little friendly competition.

We had this conversation around Christmastime about which of us is more "in shape" than the other. I pointed out that pre-pregnancy I used to work out very consistently (mind you, that was over a year ago.) He said that though he wasn't as consistent with his exercise, he thought his level of fitness was much greater.

So we decided to have a little fitness contest. Let me tell you how it's been going.

So far Dave has:

  • Been waking up at 6:30 nearly every morning to lift weights and work out in our basement.
  • Been trying to make a conscious decision to eat healthier foods.
  • Made plans to start playing basketball a few mornings a week to get some cardio
  • Looked into running a marathon

So far I have:

  • Pulled out my collection of workout DVD's to decide which one I'd like to do. I got stuck watching the "Before and After" profiles on the Biggest Loser DVD, but have yet to actually complete one of the workouts.
  • Used breastfeeding as an excuse to consume a number of sweets, including half a package of Peanut Butter Oreos (I need the extra calories you know...for Lily :)
  • Counted climbing the stairs to and from bed as my cardio
  • Did a Google search for "cute exercise gear"

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say he’s winning…but I have till July! Don’t put your money on him yet :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see why you would think "Googling Exercise gear" would burn calories ;)
So what is going to be the test of whose in better shape?

 
Images by Freepik