Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 19, 2009

If These Follicles Could Talk...

Dear Hair,
Why don’t you like me? I wash you every day. I use shampoo that smells delicious. I brush you when you get knots and I trim you when you start to look ratty. I pay A LOT of attention to you (oftentimes more than I should). I downright spoil you some days! Yes, there is the occasional ponytail. Sure the curling iron might be a little too hot sometimes. But for the most part – your life is good.
So why are you so crazy? Why do you stick straight out in the mornings? Why do you flip out when I want you to go under? Why are you kinky when I want you to be straight, and flat when I want you to be full? Why don’t you stay where I put you? WHY ARE YOU SO MOODY?

Dear Amy,
You blast me with hot air and singe me with your curling iron. You cut me with scissors and razors. You pull on me and smother me with hair gel. Who says I want you to wash me? Leave me alone.
Love,
Your Hair
P.S. I’m not moody – you are – stop basing your attitude on what I look like – I can only ruin your day when you let me :)
 
Images by Freepik