Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 26, 2009

Lily's Pad




I can’t do it. I can’t pack Lily’s room. It’s the only room in the house that I have not yet touched. Everything else we have is pretty much gone but her room is still intact. This is the room we brought her home from the hospital to. This is where I focused a vast amount of my time and attention this summer preparing for her arrival. We painted this room just for her. This is where I spent the first few weeks in utter exhaustion, nursing her in the middle of the night and holding her when she was crying. I have no sentimental feelings for the rest of this duplex, given the fact that we’ve only lived here for 8 months. But THIS ROOM is special. She won’t even remember it. But it almost makes me tear up a little knowing that someone else is going to move in here and use this room as an office, or a spare bedroom. I sort of want to say, “No, you can’t use it! This is Lily’s room!” It’s ridiculous, I know. We have this whole new big beautiful house and here I am moaning about a room! I’ll get over it, don’t worry :) But for one more night, I’m gonna keep it the same. For one more night, it will be Lily’s room and we’ll kiss her sweet face as we put her to bed in the room where she spent the first 5 months of her little life – the very first “Lily Pad” :)

Dave getting our garage sale bargain crib put together -- no directions or anything! Whatta guy! :)


Painting day! Thanks to the other Amy for helping since this one couldn't handle the fumes :)


Ready for baby!


Our cozy little corner

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I like your rocking chair. Where'd you get it? We still haven't found out. Although, found implies that we've looked... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and "out" was meant to be "one"

Amy said...

We got it at Babies R Us. It was on sale and then the nice sales lady let us use 2 coupons at once :) I think they still have them there! The brand is Shermag I think? We sort of had a bad experience at 1st buying a rocker sight unseen from Walmart.com. So Dave wanted to go a place where we could actually sit in the rockers and see them in person (actually the rocking chair section is his favorite part of that store -- he spent a lot of time there when we were registering :)

Sarah said...

Niiice! BUT, just think...more fun designing the next one! Hehe...I guess that's the decorator coming out in me! :) Either way, I LOVE the colors you chose and the nice white accents...the chair...I agree. SWEET! And I'm hoping to secure one of my own for me and Josefine! I can totally understand the sentimentalilty (is that even a word?) of the whole thing...I'm still a little sad about having to move out of the first apt. Jim and I lived in when we were first married... :( Oh, the changes that must take place...and the moving on...difficult...but, like you said "we'll get over it!" :D

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I always felt the same way when we moved.

That room is simply adorable!

 
Images by Freepik