Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm not gonna say it but I'm thinking it.

"We are NOT moving again for a long time."

I won't say it. Last time I said it was 8 months ago :)

But seriously all I can say is next time I might seriously consider hiring a moving company ;)

No really, it wasn't that bad. This was probably our best move yet! We had 8 guys and 4 trucks and everything was in by noon. Not too shabby! But if you consider the countless hours I spent packing and unpacking on my own last week, it acutally took a little bit longer than that. I definitely felt ready for a break from moving by Sunday!

Last night Dave did one last sweep of the duplex to make sure we hadn't left anything behind. When he got back he came upstairs, gave me a huge hug, and said, "I love you." I so romantically replied, "What was that for?"

He said, "I love you, because where you are is home." I couldn't have said it better myself! While there is always a small part of me that misses the place we move from, really it's the people that fill the place that makes any house a home. So even though right now it still feels a little bit like we are living in somebody else's house, I know we're going to make this our home by filling it with memories with the people we love.

Pictures are forthcoming....I really, really, really promise. I just can't find the camera...

3 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Pictures, please :)

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, this is Amanda. I am so excited everything went well for you during the move. You will make the house a wonderful home. See you at small group!

 
Images by Freepik