Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 16, 2009

Weekend Update

Today is a pretty random update of our weekend -- hopefully with pictures, as long as the Internet connection cooperates :)



Friday night we went over to Dave's brother and his wife's house, I'm ashamed to say that our reason for going was that we still hadn't exchanged Christmas gifts!! And the worst part is...they live literally like 1/2 a mile away from us. I know. We're pathetic. But we are also both very busy... So anyway, it was fun! They have a new place which we had not seen yet. Some pictures, check out Lily's facial expressions:




Mommy and Daddy warned me not to believe a word you say Uncle Trey! :)
You guys were right -- he's a little "loco"!


Aaah, Aunt Janae has me, this is better (JUST KIDDING Uncle Trey, Lily loves you! :)


Saturday was Valentine's Day of course! I made Dave breakfast -- omelets and heart shaped pancakes using a mold his mom gave me -- they actually turned out very cute (usually things like that look better in my head than they do when I make them ;) I'll try to put a picture on here. We had dinner at a seafood place in town with a gift card I got for Christmas from my bosses. It was good, but we still prefer Red Lobster -- you get more bang for your buck there ;) Then we watched the best movie EVER. Ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit. But we did watch the movie Fireproof and if you are married and you have not seen it, you need to rent it. Sooooo so good. I cried all over the place -- and I never cry during movies! We are going to buy it now.


Lily also gave daddy a present for Valentine's day:

Happy Valentine's Day Daddy, hope you don't mind I got a head start on this candy for ya! :)
There are a few more pictures I have but it is taking too long to load them -- I might try again later :)

4 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I'm glad you liked the movie...not that I doubted that in any way.

Did your Valentine's gift to Dave say something like 'I love you honey, Happy Valentine's Day. We're having another baby!' ???

I just think that would've been a nice valentine ;)

Amy said...

HAHA!! No, it most certainly did not :)

Anonymous said...

Dave looks SO much like his brother!

Amy said...

Yep, he's heard that a few times :) I see the resemblance...but I say I definitely got the better looking one :)

 
Images by Freepik