Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 26, 2009

Something to Fall Asleep To...

I have serious blogger's block. There are lots of things going on here but I just can't put the words all together real nice like :)

Here are some of my random thoughts:

  • I want to buy a yellow purse kind of like one of these but I am officially the world's most boring accesorizer. I admire pretty jewelry and purses from a distance but when it comes to spending money, I always end up buying something that I think will go with almost everything. That's why I only have 1 purse and it is both black and brown. And I have one brown necklace and one black necklace. I need help. (I also clearly need help with Blogger because it made this whole paragraph HUGE and I can't figure out how to make it small again.)
  • I am pondering how I can get the above mentioned help from my friends Stacey and Clinton without enduring the humiliation of being on their show. I'm open to suggestions :)
  • I still have not started my workout regime. There are some little things like buying a house, moving, and a visit from my in-laws that have gotten in the way...those are the excuses I have been giving myself. It's on my "To Do" list for Monday. Fresh start, right?
  • I got a gift card from my sister in law to a salon in town and I can't decide what I should spend it on...pedicure or massage? I have never had a massage and I've only had a pedicure once...so I'm leaning towards the massage. Then again, everytime I look at my feet I think about how nice it would be to let someone else do the work of getting them in sandal shape...what do you all think?

Seriously...that's it. You've officially read my most boring post...if you've even made it this far without falling asleep...better luck next time :)

5 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Not boring! I love shopping for accessories, especially when I'm pregnant because it's the only thing I can buy, no matter what color, that actually has longevity!! Buying clothes when you're prego is just boring!
So that settles it, when you guys come down (whenever that is) we're going to the 'Burg. And maybe Coralville. Shopping. Dave doesn't know what kind of bad influence I really am ;)jk, Dave!

ps. I think the WNTW humiliation would be TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Amy said...

I am in like Flynn!! You are a good accesorizer so I'm looking forward to your help. Perhaps i could also bring my closet with me so you could help me put together outfits :)

Do you think WNTW would consider doing a dual episode? We could split the humiliation b/w the two of us and maybe it wouldn't seem so bad :)

Lindy said...

I bought a really cute yellow purse at The Limited that I believe is still there. It's reasonably priced and WAY cute! I think it goes with a lot: black, brown, teal, red, blue...you get the point. :)

Anonymous said...

I, too, didn't think your blog was boring. I love accessories! I also loved Lindy's purse form The Limited. I know what you mean about being practical though - I have my limits too. I also agree with Katie - pregnant shopping is no fun. It certainly has helped me spend less on myself though!

According to Stacey and Clinton, any bold color with go with another. You could wear a blue shirt and carry your yellow purse and wear pink shoes. :)

Anonymous said...

Ames I am totally the same way! I use the same black purse for about 6 months and then switch back to the brown one for summer. It's so boring but I'm never brave enough to spend money on something that doesn't go with EVERYTHING! :) I wish I was better at accessorizing - I don't even usually wear earings just because I forgot. I wish I knew how to wear cute jewelry!

 
Images by Freepik