This post could also be titled, "Things My Mom Told Me That I Wish I Would Have Listened To." I could actually probably write a book on this subject. There would be an entire chapter just on cooking.
Anyway...my Mama always said, "When you are sick, don't try to do too much too fast afterwards. Better to take it easy for a couple of days, otherwise you might relapse."
Example: If you wake up on Saturday morning feeling like you got hit by a truck, nursing a roaring headache, chest congestion, runny nose and a raging fever, it is probably NOT a good idea to get up on Sunday morning and carry on as though you are completely healed...even if you feel 100% better.
Otherwise you might end up coming home from church burning up with another fever even worse than the one you had the day before...
Sometimes I insist on learning the hard way. Today I will be taking it easy.
Don't lose heart Mom, some of what you said did stick with me, I promise.
Apr 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment