Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 22, 2009

New York, New York!

This past week we spent some time visiting Dave’s family in New York. It always cracks me up when I tell people we’re going to New York. They get all excited for me. “Oh! Will you see the Statue of Liberty? Visit Central Park? Eat some pizza? Tell me you’re gonna get a slice of New York style pizza!”

Well….no, actually. I mean I would do all of that maybe if we were going to New York City. But his family doesn’t live in the city they live upstate. As in tiny towns and dairy farms, not sprawling metropolis’ and Broadway shows. Don’t get me wrong – it’s still nice and you can’t beat the breathtaking scenery – the rolling hills and crystal clear lakes. It’s just not what most people picture when you say New York. So if you were expecting me to come back and post lots of pictures of all the hustle and bustle of NYC, I’m sorry to disappoint.

What I do have is lots of pictures and stories that will give you a little glimpse of what life is like in the rest of the state. And I have to say, since I have visited both places, I prefer the more laid back charm of everyday life upstate than I do the high energy of the big city. But that's just me.

Anyway.

The reason you’re here.

The pictures.

I’m not going to post them all today because, quite frankly, there are too many and you would most likely lose interest halfway through. But I will share a few of my favorites.

It occurred to me that Lily experienced quite a few “firsts” on this trip.

It was her first time at Grandma and Grandpa P.’s house.


It was her first time meeting Daddy’s extended family (she was a big hit :)
It was her first time experiencing a New York summer. It was chilly. Mommy was unprepared.
It was her first time petting a kitty. She is a big fan of kitties now. The kitty...not so much a fan of Lily ;)
And it was her first time going swimming in a swimming pool.
She traveled 2000 miles, spent about 36 hours in her car seat, met about 55 new people, and slept in at least 4 different rooms.

That’s a lot of big changes for a very little girl, but she got to spend 7 days chillin’ with two of her favorite people in the world.And I think if she could talk, she'd say that made it all worth it :)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

This Heavenly Life said...

What a fun trip! I love her adorable swimsuit. I'm amazed at your 'statistics' at the end. 36 hours, 55 new people - what a champ! Good for you for braving those hurdles!

 
Images by Freepik