Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jul 24, 2009

Photo Booth Friday

Our camera has been M.I.A. all week and thus I have no "new" pictures to show you. So I thought instead that I would pull one from the archives.

This is one of my most favorite pictures of Dave and I. It was taken literally right after we got engaged -- that is a genuine smile of joy and giddiness that you see on my face there.

We were in our junior year of college and were just on Christmas break. Dave was getting ready to fly home to New York the next morning but he said he wanted to take me out "for my birthday" the night before -- good cover -- I had no idea what was coming!

On the way to the restaurant, he told me that my birthday present was under the seat of his car. I reached under and pulled out a CD -- it wasn't wrapped or anything, and I'll be honest, I thought, "That's kind of lame." But I didn't say it of course :) Turns out he planned it that way so that I wouldn't be expecting any kind of gift later on.

We ate a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, then decided to go for a walk around the "lake" area outside of the mall and see the ginormous Christmas tree they had decorated there. I kept trying to put my hand in Dave's pocket to keep it warm but he wouldn't let me -- that's where he had hidden the ring!

We stopped to admire the tree and that's when he popped the question! There are few moments in my life where I have been so surprised! Just as I answered, the song "Canon in D" started playing on the loudspeakers -- I thought Dave had planned it, but it was totally coincidental! Well, not totally coincidental -- I like to think it was God's way of showing His approval of our engagement;) I said yes, of course, and the rest is history!


Every year we go back and take a picture in front of that same tree -- a tradition I hope we can continue for years to come!

Thanks for taking a little walk down memory lane with me!

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love engagement stories and yours did not disappoint. :)

This Heavenly Life said...

That was so sweet! What a great picture of you two lovebirds :)

JennyMac said...

Great pic and love the story.

 
Images by Freepik