Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jul 28, 2009

This Will Make For Some Interesting Diapers

See this?

This is the "area rug" that we have in our living room. It's really just a big carpet remnant that my parent's had leftover from their house and so kindly gave to us. Classy, isn't it? :)

We plan on getting it cut and bound into an actual area rug...someday...it's on the list of Things to Do In Our Living Room...it's a long list.

Anyway, because it has a raw edge, leetle, eety bitty pieces of carpet are constantly coming loose onto the floor. Like this:
I try to keep them picked up but it is impossible. Drives me crazy.

Lily, on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind so much -- they fascinate her. On more than one occasion I have caught her with one of these little carpet pieces firmly grasped between her chubby little fingers, halfway to her mouth. Thankfully, I've been able to keep her from ingesting any of them. That is, until yesterday.

Yesterday I turned my back on Lily for one second...maybe two. And when I turned around I could see her hand on a swift path toward her mouth. It was like slow motion, and before I could utter the words, "No! Ucky!" she had chomped down on a piece of carpet. She made some chewing motions and then she swallowed.

I tried DESPERATELY to retrieve it by doing a quick finger swipe but it was gone, halfway to her stomach already.

If that's not bad enough, later on in the day, as we played outside I experienced the exact same scenario only replace the piece of carpet with a blade of grass.

Chunks of vegetables? Puh-lease Mom! Disgusting.

Grass and carpet? DE-LISH!

Whatever, Lily. WHAT.EVER.

At least I know she's getting her fiber.

5 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

That girl's got a mind of her own ;)

This Heavenly Life said...

Fiber! Ha! :)

Anonymous said...

what a cutie!

Maybe if you put the veggies on the carpet or in the grass she would eat them??? Just a thought. :)

Lindy said...

That's hilarious! Also hilarious? My google verification word is "pacratio". :)

Megan Epley said...

So much to look forward to! :)

 
Images by Freepik