Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 3, 2009

Teaching An Old Dog New Tricks...

A couple of weeks ago, we took some lunch and went to visit Dave at work. It had been awhile since his coworkers had seen Lily so they were pretty surprised at how much she had grown.

I had to laugh when one of the girls asked, "Does she do any tricks?"

Well....she's not a dog...but yes, as a matter of fact, she does do some "tricks" :)

Here's a few:

She has extreme dexterity with her feet...I've shown you this before but it bears repeating...seriously, her feet are practically like a second set of hands:
And though she's not exactly crawling, she does have her own unique way of getting around. I give you "The 3 Point Headstand"

And of course she's got an ever expanding vocabulary that includes "Dada", "Mama", "Num Num", "Cat"...and a whole lotta other "gibberish". I was able to get her to nod her head yes and say "Cat" here, but it all starts to go downhill after that...

Can't wait to see what new "tricks" she's got up her sleeve this next month!

7 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Hayden totally does that 3 pt. handstand...
He's ridiculous :) They need to get together soon!!

Kora Bruce [Dixie Lust] said...

Oh my word... the three point headstand is sooo funny and adorable. That video totally made my morning. ♥ it!

Megan Epley said...

Those are very funny tricks! Jack's "tricks" are pretty boring compared to Lily's!

This Heavenly Life said...

Uh-dorable :) Her feet are *seriously* grabbing that ball!

une autre mère said...

I have NEVER seen a baby do the 3-point headstand. That is Hi.la.ri.ous.

And the way she grabs things with her feet... I think this girl has a future in Le Cirque du Soleil!

Jenn said...

Dane does the foot thing too. In fact we have a ball similar to that one in the picture and he does the same thing with it. Holds it with his feet and examines it with his fingers, the grip is about as good as 2 hands. Very good for making trouble during a diaper change or grabbing toys just out of reach.

Anonymous said...

The 3 point head stand should be a new yoga move. :)

She is a cute one!

 
Images by Freepik