Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 17, 2009

And I Shall Name This Fat Roll “Guacamole'”

Is it too late for me to tell you about my weekend? Because it was sooo much fun!

Saturday we had a date night – we dropped Lily off at my brother and sister-in-law’s house. She ADORES her cousins – I’m not sure she missed us at all!

Then we headed to the mall to finish a little Christmas shopping. Wanna see what we got?

I found a puffer vest!

Miscellaneous 010

And matching tights!
Miscellaneous 012 
Seriously. Cuteness.

It didn’t cost as much as the one at Gymboree, but it was still a bit of a splurge. I figure, I dress her in {gently} used clothes 99% of the time – it’s fun to get something new every now and again.

I can’t show you the rest of the stuff I got – it’s a secret! The good news is, we’re almost through with our Christmas shopping {I think}.

Anywho, of course we had to take a picture in front of the tree where we got engaged. It’s tradition, you know.

Miscellaneous 007

When we got there I was being all hyper like, “Take a picture. Eeeww, double chin, take another one. Oh, oh, let’s take one of us kissing!” And Dave took my face in his hands, kissed me and said, “How about we just enjoy the moment?”

*Sigh* I love him :)

Miscellaneous 008{And by the way I got a horrible fit of the giggles when we tried to take this picture. Serious pictures are just not my thing}

Then we headed to dinner. We had a gift certificate to this fantastic local Mexican restaurant. It’s nothing like your run of the mill “Tex-Mex-Americana” places. They have the best guacamole. And believe me, I have consumed my fair share of guacamole.

They roll this little cart out to your table and you tell them what you want in it and how you like it to taste and then they mix it up fresh right in front of you. I’m pretty sure there’s a roll on my stomach devoted entirely to this guacamole. Once I start eating it I CANNOT STOP.

And of course then there was the main dish. I swore I’d never be one of those people that takes pictures of their food. Then I got a blog :)

Miscellaneous 009

Have you ever seen a plate of enchiladas that looked so beautiful? Of course by this point I had pretty much eaten my weight in guacamole so there wasn’t much room for the main dish – but it made for some delicious leftovers.

Afterwards we picked up Lily and headed home for a movie. Dave wanted to watch Star Trek and because I’m such a good wife I sat next to him on the couch and typed a blog post watched it with him :)

Star Trek

It was so nice just to have some “just us” time with my hubby. We don’t get to do it nearly as often as we’d like, but it makes the times we do have together just that much more special.

And whaddya know? It’s almost the weekend again! Time flies when you’re having fun!

******************

Don’t forget! You still have approximately 4 hours and 21 minutes to enter the giveaway! A winner will be chosen this afternoon. See full details here.

Happy Thursday!

15 comments:

Gina said...

Being from New Mexico I love Mexican food, what is this place you speak of, I must try it out!

Catholic Mutt said...

I love guacamole! :)

Anonymous said...

What?!? I thought we had until midnight!!! You are slowly dragging this out to punish us aren't you! :)
~Kim

Anonymous said...

And I can so see Dave doing that... Taking your face in his hands. I can just picture him kinda shaking his head up and down at you while saying, "Just take in the moment..." Too funny!
~Kim

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

C'mon Kim....pay attention. Noon she said, NOON! ;)

I so love guacamole. And why not update on the weekend.....I mean, it's only Thursday ;)

This Heavenly Life said...

You guys are too, too cute. That puffer vest is pretty adorable too, I can't wait for a photo booth friday to showcase it on your little darlin :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time on your date night!
I have a tip on the Candy Cane Cookies my mom taught me (of course). :) After you make the ball out of each color of dough, kinda squish it down in to the shape of a tootsie roll. Then put the two colors together, and then roll them together to stretch it to the 4" length. Roll it as if you were making a snake out of play dough. This will automatically roll the two colors together smoothly. And then you make it into the shape of a candy cane on the pan. Not sure if this made any sense (and it was very long) but it has worked for me! :) ~Laura

Anonymous said...

One more last minute box stuffing comment from me... here's hopin'!
~Kim

Anonymous said...

Dah! I'm 2 mintues late!!!!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Laura, thanks for the tip! Maybe we can make them together next year and you can pass on your expertise to me :)

Gina, the restaurant we went to is Dos Rios -- it's downtown on Court Ave. (by Spaghetti Works). Have you ever been there? If not you should definitely go! We like to get the guacamole and then split an entree and we're always stuffed to the gills!

Heather said...

Love the pictures! What a great tradition! I wish we had a specific picture taking tradition! Keep it up! And please, keep sharing!

peter marie said...

I've wanted to try Dos Rios...now I must!

What a cute night you guys had!

And I am in love with that vest. (where did you get it?)
I too dress my girl in so much garage sale, hand-me-downs, clearanced stuff...and agree, it's fun to every now and then pick something out because of how cute it is and not because of the cheap price tag! I got an adorable onsie the other day for $10. Such a splurge, but it has ruffles and bows. RUFFLES AND BOWS. I had to do it.

Erica said...

I know exactly what you mean about splurging on a few cute clothes. We do the same thing. We have several clothes that people have given us, and it's nice to buy a few super adorable things once in a while. ;)
You are too cute with the picture by the tree--and Dave sounds just like Stephen! I always get way too worked up about taking a jillion pictures of everything, that sometimes he has to remind me to "enjoy the moment", too. :)

nault's nook said...

love the pictures! So jealous of that food! Yum!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I just ate those very same enchiladas on Tuesday...well not the very same...Aren't they the bestest ever!!!
I love your pictures by the tree! How sweet!
Merry Christmas!

 
Images by Freepik