Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 16, 2009

Christmas Baking and a Giveaway!!

Guess what day it is?

Christmas Baking Day!! Woot woot!

So many of you asked for the recipes when I posted my list last week that I decided to do something a lil’ different today. I’m going to try my hand at live blogging {I think that’s what it’s called}.

I will be posting several times throughout the day today to update you on our progress and along with that, I’ll include recipes and pictures.

And to “sweeten” the deal {corny pun totally intended} I am going to be doing a little giveaway!

One lucky winner will receive a sampling of our homemade goodies mailed right to their door in this cute little tin:

002

And yes, all the treats will be 100% calorie free ;)

Here’s what you have to do to win: leave a comment! Easy!

Starting with this post, any comment you leave on any post that I write today {December 16th} will gain you an entry into the giveaway. You don’t have to comment on every post – but the more you comment, the better your chances are of winning! If you’re a reader of my blog, but have never commented, today would be a great day to start! :)

Just a couple of ground rules:

  1. If you comment as a Guest or Anonymous {totally fine} please leave your name – otherwise I won’t know who you are if you win!
  2. The comments will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, December 17th at noon. I want to choose a winner as soon as possible so I can mail the goodies out while they are still fresh!
  3. The winner will be chosen at random Thursday afternoon and announced shortly after – so be sure to check back to see if it was you!

    Alright….my kitchen is ready….
    019

    I’m ready….
    022

    Lily is ready….

    026

    Are you?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just happened to be looking at your blog today! What a fun idea!!!! And yes, I would love to sample some of your homemade goodies!!! ~Kim (a fellow Goochie)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I would TOTALLY love a smattering of your goodies :)
Fun idea!
~Katie {a non-goochie friend :P}

Amy said...

Great idea! I would love to try calorie free :) treats!
Blessings,
Amy

This Heavenly Life said...

I AM READY! What a fun idea!

May I say, also, that your kitchen has me drooling. I know there's not even any food there yet, but the clean countertops are just so...perfect. I am jealous of your clean kitchen!

Oh, you two girlies look good in an apron!

Anonymous said...

I wanna win!! Your kitchen is lovely, your are lovelier and your daughter is loveliest yet!!

XOXO Amy Lackey

Sonya said...

Lily looks sooooo cute in her little apron!!

Anonymous said...

No pictures yet? Katie, I love the word smattering! I can just hear you saying that! :) -Kim

Unknown said...

A.) you have a nice big kitchen!
B.) I have the same mixer that I saw sitting on your countertop. :)

Joel said...

You'd better roll up those white sleeves or they're going to be covered in chocolate!! :)
Have a great time and give Mindy a hug for me!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Wow! That IS a clean kitchen. :)
Awesome idea! Have fun - and yes, I would gladly take some of those goodies off your hands. :)

Jenn said...

Those goodies are looking mighty good!

Gina said...

Oh my goodness, I am beinhind in blog reading .. good thing i got here today, there will be no fresh baked goodies at my house so I'd love to sample yours!

Anonymous said...

My house falls into the same boat... I don't foresee any day in the near future I can devote to baking goodies. And I am holding out to find a pretty little christmas tree-shaped goodie filled packaged on my doorstep. :)
~Kim

Catholic Mutt said...

I love that you both have pink aprons! So cute!

Jamie said...

How cute is your girl in her apron! What a fun idea!

une autre mère said...

Love the aprons! And yes, I'm ready. Ready to WIN, that is! ;)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Fun!!! I think baking messes are more fun when friends are involved! :)

Heather said...

Ooohhh, Pick me Pick me! I just love keeping up with your Blog! I would love to win your goodies, but if I don't, can I still get your recipe for a couple of them?

 
Images by Freepik