Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 16, 2009

Mmm…Fudge-y

Two hours…two recipes down…it’s possible that the reason it took us so long is because we were talking instead of baking :)

Chocolate Mint Fudge

2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 2/3 cups sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup mint chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

  1. In saucepan, combine milk and sugar; bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
  2. Add chips and marshmallows.
  3. Stir until blended.
  4. Add salt and vanilla and pour into buttered 8 x 8 inch baking dish to cool.

028

Peanut Butter Fudge

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow crème

  1. Butter baking pan. Set aside.
  2. In saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
  3. Add peanut butter and marshmallow crème; mix well and fast.
  4. Quickly pour into prepared pan.
  5. Chill until set. Cut into squares.

029

It’s been pretty smooth sailing so far…except for one minor mishap when somebody had a poopy diaper…Hannah!

Christmas Tree 001

Don’t forget to leave a comment to enter the giveaway! The more you comment, the more chances you have to win! View full details here.

Up Next: Christmas Wreaths and Andes Mint Cookies

14 comments:

Emily said...

that looks so yummy!!! i can just imagine the smell!!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

very fun.....I've never made fudge before. That MIGHT be for the best.....or I'd have to spend more time with Jillian in 2010.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Mindy was helping! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh that last comment was Kim. Sorry I forgot to leave my name. I can taste the fudge! looks wonderful!!!!
~Kim

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Oh Kim is game playin'.....it is ON, girl...;)

This Heavenly Life said...

I've never made fudge either, but both of those recipes look perfectly simple. And delicious.

I can't WAIT to receive this package in the mail :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone caught on!!!! :)
~Kim

Gina said...

Wow, look at all that yummy goodness!

Catholic Mutt said...

I love mint and chocolate, especially at Christmas. But I'm not sure that it gets any better than peanut butter and chocolate! I'm glad you're sharing the recipes!

Kristi Welch said...

I've never made fudge, but those recipes look easy. Might have to add that to my Christmas baking for next year.

Jamie said...

Yum! I love fudge! I'm so impressed with all the work you are doing!

une autre mère said...

Fudge... yum.

Anonymous said...

And... back to square one for a final, but hopeful box stuffing comment...
~Kim

Anonymous said...

-perhaps just one more.... :D (I so better win!)
~Kim

 
Images by Freepik