This week I’m joining up with a bloggy Christmas par-tay. Actually, make that two Christmas parties.
The Nester’s Christmas Tour of Homes
and
Thrifty Decor Chick’s Christmas Tree tour
Quite frankly, I almost didn’t want to link up because I’ve been looking around at pictures from last year’s tour and, um…ya’ll are crafty. So if you’re visiting for the first time, there’s a couple of things you need to know:
- I am not a decorator.
and
- I am not a photographer.
So basically what we have here are some poorly taken pictures of a poorly decorated house. Please lower your expectations accordingly :)
NOW on to the tour…
WELCOME TO MY HOME!
This is our first year in our new house *squeal* and I would have loved nothing better than to decorate it to the hilt. Unfortunately, this is also our first year living on one income instead of two, and our first Christmas with a busy just-turned-one year old--so I had neither the money to buy decorations, nor the time to make my own.
I did purchase a few new things – a ginormous tub of ornaments for the tree in the living room and…well, actually that’s it. Just the ornaments. All the other decorations are things I had in our apartment.
So. Here we are in our entryway – this is the mirror – just some garland and sparkly snowflakes.
There’s probably a setting on my camera to keep the flash from blinding you like that but, well, we’ve been over that…photo skills, zilch. Which is also probably why this next picture is so blurry…
That’s the garland on our staircase, in case you couldn’t see it through the haze…
This is our coffee table – my aunt gave me that Southern Living thingy {that would be the technical term} that’s holding the candle in the middle. I love it. It’s so versatile, I use it in different places all year round. I just stuffed some garland and some ornaments and voila!
This is our first year to purchase a real live Christmas tree. My husband calls me a Scrooge, but I’m really struggling to see the advantage of a real tree on which you have to string your own lights and vacuum up pine needles end.less.ly versus a nice, tidy, pre-lit Christmas tree that requires no daily watering. Bah, humbug!
Just squint your eyes a little bit and pretend like we’ve finished our fireplace. That’s what I do :) It’s fully operable by the way, and we’ve been enjoying it’s warmth in the frigid weather we’ve been having. Now we just have to make it look pretty. It’s coming. Promise.
And did you notice the lack of a tree skirt? Yeah – those things are ‘spensive! I’m hoping I can hit the after Christmas sales this year and get one on clearance. Or maybe I could sew one *snort* I sew about as well as I take pictures.
This console table sits on the wall in our dining room. I got it for free from a friend of mine {thanks Tiff!} I still haven’t decided if I like it there yet or not {it’s only been four *ahem* a couple of months. I am not indecisive at all}
What we have here is my attempt at a DIY dining room centerpiece. See, every once in awhile I’ll see something cute and I’ll utter those four sneaky little words…I could do that! The problem is, it almost never comes out looking the way I picture it in my head. Whateva. It is what it is.
P.S. Do you see that little cutie playing peek-a-boo through the branches there?
This is the bathroom on our main floor. Our mirror isn’t always that dirty. I swear.
This is the itty bitty artificial tree we have in the basement. We bought it our first Christmas together and I’ve decided it’s going to be our “fun” tree – colored lights, handmade ornaments – this will be the tree the kids can go nuts with.
I love having ornaments on the tree like this. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)
And finally – the bathroom in our basement. Even though we hardly use it, I still like decorating it.
That’s my home! Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully next year there will be some improvements. Like a tree skirt. And a finished fireplace. And some mad photography skills.
{Don’t get your hopes up.}
It’s not perfect, but as The Nester says, “It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.”
And I would add, “It doesn’t have to be beautiful to be special.”
The End :)



17 comments:
Everything looks wonderful. Happy Holidays!
I love your decor, it's beautiful! You have done a great job decorating! Merry Christmas!
Ok, Ma'am... your decor looks so great! Thanks for the tour! You've inspired me!
awww I love it, especially the cutie playing peekaboo!
Oh it looks so good! Good to see you the other day - have a fun trip to NY!
I love all your greenery! Very pretty. You shouldn't downplay your decorating and photography skills so much! I think you're fabulous at both! :)
I think you did great! Fun to see the house!
OK I've decided all your disclaimers are BIG FAT LIES.
Your house looks AMAZING. How can you say you're not a decorator? I mean, you have stuff in your bathroom! And it is PRECIOUS!
I'm jealous. Posts like this are why I'm not linking up this year! :)
how did you add the banner with the links to "about me", "how i roll", etc.. gracias
also, thanks for the comment you left. i definitely can say that there is NO WAY of knowing ahead of time how you will respond in a time of crisis... i'm still amazed at the grace God has given to us throughout this whole ordeal! thanks for keeping up with us!
YOur decorations are beautiful. I especially love the first bath.
I love that you decorate your bathrooms! What a great idea! Super cute! Merry Christmas!
Your bathrooms are decorated sooo cute for the holidays!! : )
Such a lovely home. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.
I happen to love your decorations. Oh and I also love the table in your dining room!
Merry Christmas to you!!
I love your creative touches! Especially the cleverness to carry the red/white theme into your bathroom. I think I'm putting candycanes in my half bath. That way if anyone gets bored while they are in there, they've got candy! BONUS! My guests will never leave! LOL ;-)
Merry Christmas,
Leigh Ann
I like your DR centerpiece. It looks like you had fun decorating. Oh and I laughed when you commented about your mirror not be perfectly clean:) Happy Holidays.
Joyce
I'm really enjoying the 2009 Christmas Home Tour. Many of you are so talented and creative.
I love it when I see the bathrooms decorated.
Your decorations are so beautiful!
Thank you for the tour.
Post a Comment