Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 15, 2009

And The Winner Is…

I did something on Saturday that I *think* might qualify me for the Blonde Moment of the Year award.

And I’ve decided to broadcast it all over the Internet. Because, ya know, I have no shame.

I had planned a big shopping trip to Hy-Vee {our local grocery store} to get all the supplies for my big Christmas Baking Day. When I pulled into the parking lot it was packed so I was pleasantly surprised when I happened upon someone pulling out of a spot that was super close the the front of the store. And to sweeten the deal, it was adjacent to a cart rack *fist pump* I wouldn’t have to trudge through miles of slush to return my cart. Suh-weet!

I was about halfway through my list when I heard a voice come over the loudspeakers.

“Attention customers. Would the driver of the blue Dodge Intrepid…”

{Hmm…that’s curious. That’s the kind of car I drive.}

“License plate number *** ***”

{GASP! That’s my license plate! What did I do? Did I forget to turn my lights off? Wait, my lights weren’t even on!}

“…please move your car, you are blocking the cart corral. I repeat…”

{Wait…what? No…I didn’t…I mean…that’s not where I par-…OH NO…}

The logical side of my brain was telling  me, "Don’t panic. Nobody knows that’s your car. There’s no need to be embarrassed. Just walk outside and move your car. They’re not out there patrolling the cart corral. Nobody needs to know it was you.”

Um…yeah. TELL THAT TO MY FACE.  I was red as a stoplight and emitting more heat than a tanning bed.

You have to understand something here– I am a rule follower. Ask my husband – I won’t even cheat at a card game. And my hypersensitive conscience absolutely could.not.STAND the thought that the good folks at Hy-Vee might think I did this {gasp} ON PURPOSE! No, no, no…I needed to set the record straight.

So I went to Customer Service, apologizing profusely, "That person…in front of the cart corral..that was me…I’m sorry, I didn’t know…somebody else was there…it’s…I didn’t mean…I mean… it wasn’t intentional. I’m so sorry! I mean, really. SO. SORRY!!”

They were very understanding and {I think} believed me. Either that or they just felt bad for the poor red-faced Binder Lady, I don’t know.

Anyway. I moved my car and not 10 seconds later, someone else pulled in…and blocked it off again.

So maybe I’m not the only stupid one…right? RIGHT??

 

9 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

psssssshhhhhh.....that is hilar. hilar. hilar. oh my word.
You should totally go back and 'stage' it so that you can take a picture :)

This Heavenly Life said...

Oh. Hoho. Heehe! I love that you do these things, just like us normal folks :)

I'd like to know how many times a day they repeat that over the loudspeaker. If it's so obviously a parking spot, they should just go ahead and let it be.

Jamie said...

Funny! (well, I'm sure it wasn't so funny then, but I think it is funny now.) I'm a total rule follower too! It had to make you feel better that someone else did it too.

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing as "Heavenly Life" - how many times a day do they have to make that announcement? :)

Sara@iSass said...

Can I relate to this!? I am a rule-follower too! But I'm pretty sure I've never parked in a cart corral.
Oh you poor thing! I was once called out of church service because my child wouldn't stop crying, but at least it wasn't announced over the entire place.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

You are just so cute. And yes, this is totally somehting I would do. Totally.

une autre mère said...

So that was YOU?

Ha, just kidding. But that actually made me laugh out loud! Love it!

If it makes you feel any better, I almost parked in handicapped today. I pulled in, started to get out and then realized my error. Maybe next time I'll try parking in front of the cart corral! That's a prime spot!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. :)

Don't worry, I've almost parked in the cart corral dozens of times. Wal-mart keeps moving the further and further back. They look like spaces!

Heather said...

hahahhahahhahaha oh Amy you crack me up! it's not you, i agree they do look like spaces

 
Images by Freepik