We got this in the mail the other day:
It’s a letter from “The Saint Matthew’s 59 Year Old Church”.
I was so excited that they chose to send this super exciting letter to us specifically. I mean THEY EVEN KNEW OUR NAMES:
{Or not}
And just LOOK what they sent us:
I know it might look like a big sheet of brightly colored paper but believe me, it is not. Oh no, this is so much more. It is “The Biblical Faith Prayer Rug”
It came with some very specific instructions. First we need to:
Then we need to:
And finally we need to:
When we do this:
{as opposed to the other times I pray, when it’s as if I kneel before…something else?}
But THAT’S NOT ALL!! They also sent us a “sealed prophetic word” (!!!!!)
Sealed! Prophetic! Of course I broke the seal and read what was inside.
It told me that, “a witness of {God’s} divine energy is flowing in and around you and the evidence of this will be completely visible as {God’s} destined will becomes known unto the flesh.”
*******************
I don’t know if there’s really a church behind this or if they really believe all that hocus pocus, but I do know this:
- I don’t need a special prayer rug in order to pray. And when I pray—prayer rug or not -- I am “kneeling before God Almighty".
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16
- I already have a copy of God’s prophetic Word. It’s not sealed – what good would that do? No, it is well worn and marked up:
There is no need to add to it. It’s complete, and it provides me with everything I need to live this life:
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- I don’t have God’s “divine energy flowing in and around me”. I have His Holy Spirit living inside me.
Hmmm…so I guess that means this prayer rug thing is all a big hoax. But that’s ok…because we got something else in the mail that I’m convinced is the real deal:
It says right there…
No strings! They just want to give me a cruise out of the goodness of their hearts.
Of course I believe them! ;)



10 comments:
How lucky are you? A prayer rug and a free cruise! I am jealous!
Seriously, we have gotten those in the mail also. yuck.
haha... we received the prayer rug too. i never opened it, but they don't have to know that. shhhh... now the free cruise would be a different story... cuz mama is overdue!
Oh man, I must not be nearly as holy as thou because I have yet to receive my prayer rug! Bummer. And just when I thought I had a pretty good thing going with God and all...
Have fun on your cruise! You lucky duck. ;)
I have never heard of a prayer rug!! Dang....that's awesome!
Funny stuff :)
Hahaha, I loved this! We've gotten one of those prayer rugs too!
Wow--I'm a little jealous that you made the prayer rug mailing list! Goodness, my husband is a pastor and all we get is the free cruise! Maybe our rooms will be close to each other!
Sign me up for the no-strings free cruise! But I'll take your unsealed prophetic Word of God over the prayer rug/paper any day. I like how the "very old" church is 59. Yeah. That's crazy-old.
Wow! That is crazy! Loved this post tho! :)
this made me smile :) I too am thankful that God will listen to us anytime and anywhere.
Blessings,
Amy
So funny! We've gotten that prayer rug before too, and I just wonder what company thinks people will actually use it and respect it? It seems so OBVIOUS that it's ridiculous...how can they send them out with a straight face??
But I do love that it became a funny post from you :)
Post a Comment