Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 25, 2010

I’m Dreaming…

…of a non-white vacation…

Just like the ones I used to know…

Honeymoon8

We haven’t traveled a ton since we got married, but we’ve tried to take at least one vacation a year.

We honeymooned in Myrtle Beach {that’s where the above picture was taken}. We spent lazy days at the beach laying in the sand and boogie boarding {lets please not discuss the lack of fat I had on my body at that point in time, I try not to think about it}

Honeymoon9 Hit some outlet malls one day, took in the sights at an aquarium another:

Honeymoon10 And then we’d hit the town in search of some fresh seafood at nightHoneymoon7 Look at us, all tan and relaxed…I miss that.

We’ve taken some other trips, too – a long weekend in Kansas City for our anniversary:

054

And twice we’ve gone to Minnesota and stayed in a cabin for a week:

059 066 077 083  318  321 339 347

Dave’s got a boatload of vacation days to use this year, and we’re trying to decide where we should go. This will be our first family vacation since Lily was born.

Maybe back to Minnesota? We’ve got some great friends there that we’d love to visit

101 102

Or we’ve thought about going somewhere totally new – maybe California or Florida.

Wherever it is, I just have three requirements:

1. Fun
2. Sun
3. R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N

Where’s your favorite vacation spot?

11 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

We're almost ready to book our anniversary vacay.....I am too too excited. I think we're going to the Riviera Maya....not positive, but pretty positive.
The only bummer, I doubt they have outlet malls there ;)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

PS. Whatever you do....wherever you go, remember 2 things.
1) It's your 5 yr anniversary--have an awesome time
2) Save $ and PTO to go with us to see the Hawks @ the Rose Bowl or National Championship Game. You're a Hawk fan now, and awesome years don't happen very often ;)

une autre mère said...

I totally recommend the mouse-infested cabin we stayed in on our honeymoon. Priceless.

Loved the pictures! You two are so cute!

Becky said...

You might want to avoid good ol' Minnesota right now. It's a bit cold up here :)

And I know you said not to comment - but I just have to. You were so skinny! That's my goal - to look like that. All tan and skinny :)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh I would love a vacation!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

((Sigh))

I want to go somewhere warm. And now I'm really wanting to water ski. I miss it.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

South Carolina is my *favorite* state! My favorite vacation has to be the one we took last year for our 10 yr. anniversary--Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, South Beach, and Key West. It was SO relaxing! (and we hit some great outlets and an IKEA!)

Heather said...

San Diego, Boston, Chicago, Galvastan, TX, .... guess it depends on when you are going! San Diego is wonderful in June, Boston and Chicago perfect for summer... and of course there is Virginia Beach which is a perfect vacation spot! We loved it. Lots of good cities out there we'd love to see again! LEt us know what you decide! Good luck and have fun!

Kristi said...

We are trying to plan our vacation for this year too, and we are excited for it. We just traded our car for a truck, so we can pull our camper out of Iowa this year! And Adam has all his vacation days to use this year. Last year having Marcus and Adam's surgery used all but a couple vacation days and that wasn't too fun. We're hoping to be able to stay somewhere for a whole week.
Best vacation spot for us is Colorado - summer or winter!

peter marie said...

We've been talking about our vacation too...probably will end up driving up the river and ending in Duluth, but we really really want to go out to Maine!

I think San Francisco would be really cool and then drive along the coast too.

Michelle said...

we love myrtle beach. we live about 4 hours from there and go at least once a year.

Disney is my all time favorite place to be.

 
Images by Freepik