I’ll be honest with you, there are about a gazillion and one things I could be writing about right now, but I can’t seem to wrap my brain around anything other than the massive list forming in my head that goes by the title:
STUFF TO DO BEFORE THE BABY COMES
I don’t know about anyone else, but I start nesting practically the second the stick turns blue, and having all these random “must-do’s” floating around in my head is driving me nutso.
So, whether you really care or not, I’m getting it out on paper. Er, computer screen. Whatever.
- paint baby room
- paint/redecorate Lily’s room
- buy toddler bed
- move Lily to toddler bed
- finish fireplace in living room
- paint living/dining room and kitchen
- paint master bedroom
- find lamp for nightstand
- move guest room furniture from “baby” room to the new spare room in the basement
- move office “stuff” into family room
- rearrange furniture in basement to accommodate “family room”, “office” and “play area” in one (!!!!)
- sand and repaint desk for “office”
- deep clean the house…ALL of it
- re-read Babywise
- do a Freezer Cooking Day to stock up on meals for post-baby
- make Lily’s Halloween costume
Oh, and did I mention, I’d like to do all of these things before the third trimester comes and I get all huge and uncomfortable and start having trouble bending over?
I know. Maybe a little unrealistic. I mean, thinking about making a Halloween costume? In April? Really, Amy? REALLY?
Oh, well. Maybe I won’t get it all done, but at least now I’ve got it out of my head. And if anybody wants to come help me check some of these off, well…I probably wouldn’t say no :)



5 comments:
Let me know what I can help you with when it comes closer to the third trimester and you are running out of time. I would be willing to come over and help out.
I'm exactly the same way - I almost feel as though I should get pregnant again so I can get some serious stuff done! :-)
I know how nagging that list can be! I would LOVE to watch Lily for you whenever you need some time to get work done. Really! Drop her off and she can play with my girls! And I'm not just saying it, either. DO IT. See you tomorrow. ;)
Deep breaths, my sweet bloggy friend. The important stuff will get done. This reminds me of us a lil' over 8 yrs ago. Pregnant... and moving one tot into a toddler bed. Sweet memories... and sleep deprivation. ;)
There's nothing like the feeling of getting a rambling list organized on paper... or computer. ;)
(Oh... and I did have to wear maternity clothes sooner the second time around... but it didn't take longer to lose it. I lost it quicker... but I was also bfeeding and chasing a 2 yr old. ;)
your list looks much like mine...seems like there is so much more to do for the arrival of the second. Happy Nesting! :)
Post a Comment