Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 13, 2010

Clutter Wars: The Pantry

Are you a spring cleaning person?

I am.

There’s something about this time of year that just gives me the itch to scrub and organize every square inch of our house.

Back in our apartment days I could spring clean all 800 square feet of living space in a day and call it good.

But now we have a house. And a toddler. And my cleaning/organizing can no longer be completed in one marathon day. I’ve got to break it into small bites.

My goal is to complete at least one cleaning project and one organizing project a week. This week’s project?

Organizing our pantry

I mean, not that it needed it or anything…

Miscelleneous Winter 09 015

Yeah…right.

Anyway, I had hoped to do this while Lily was down for her nap yesterday, but didn’t get to it and against my better judgment, went ahead with it anyway after she got up. When I was finished my pantry looked like this:

009

But I turned around to find this…

012  

…and this…

011

…and this…

007 

Feeding herself a “nack” as she likes to call it.

Oh well…someday I’m sure my house will be perfectly clean and I’ll wish she was still here to mess it up for me :)

It’s a good thing I got things whipped into shape in there, too, because look what I found:

013 002

Hopefully now I can stop buying duplicates of everything because I’ll actually be able to find what I’m looking for.

In the meantime…does anyone have any good recipes that call for parsley and raisins?

9 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

i love those Oxo containers!! You wanna come organize me next?? :)

Laura said...

Just be glad you have a pantry to organize! Imagine how bad my cupboards look without one!! :) And I love the look on Lily's face like, "Mom, I don't know who made this mess! I've just been sitting here eating my Cheerios this whole time!"

Ann@StringerMama said...

I so love to organize anything and everything but with the kids, I too "pay the price!" Great time for Lily to learn how to do her own "organizing," I'll bet she will be just like you in no time!

Mandi said...

So funny! Lily and Ava clean the exact same way :) But, it is GOOD that we still do this... they watch us and learn! Just today while I was sweeping the front porch - Ava came with the dust pan to help... never mind that she trampled through the dirt pile..she's learning. And Lily is totally learning from you!

beccarankin said...

Loved the pictures. So precious

Becky said...

Lily is adorable :) and I love your pantry!
My spice cupboard is a mess and I'm always buying more chili powder, but I never have any parsley! Maybe we could trade??

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Love your containers.

The duplicates totally reminds me of my pantry. I need to clean it bad.

Anonymous said...

The messy photos are too funny. But, I still see floor in your photos! We had years when our kids were young, where you had a hard time seeing floor through the mess. Now, they're all teens, and when I come home to a mess, at least someone has baked cookies that I get to eat. Every season has its own delights. ;) Kerry D.

This Heavenly Life said...

Ha! This is so true...two steps forward, one step back. How is it possible that Lily is SO cute while sneaking a snack??

 
Images by Freepik