Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 12, 2010

It’s Monday…I’ve Got Nothing To Say…

hhm
 

I got this idea from my friend Mandi, who I believe got it from here. And I’m stealing shamelessly from her because I need a kick start for my brain this Monday.

 

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Warm-ish but overcast and kinda humid.


Things that make me happy:
Wearing flip flops. Garage sales. Date nights with my hubby. Giggling with Lily. Reading a good book. Vanilla Coke. Grilling. Target :)


Book I'm reading:
The Bridegrooms by Allison K. Pittman and Common Sense by Glenn Beck

What I'm enjoying on TV:
The Mentalist


On the menu for dinner:
Chicken and Rice Casserole, Green Beans, Applesauce

On my To Do List:
I think a better question might be what’s not on my To Do List…last week’s procrastination has become this week’s work. At the top of the list?
*clean out fridge
*organize pantry
*laundry (wash, dry, fold, put away)

 

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Last week we had Tortilla Crusted Tilapia. Um…yum! I’m sooo not a fish person, but this was good. And the best thing? Picky little Lily gobbled it right up!

 

In the craft basket:
I’m a little proud to say that there are actually some projects in my {hypothetical} craft basket:
*A mini curtain {for our sidelight window}
*This Jute Vase {for…somewhere, not sure where yet}
*Hemp Ball Accents {for our bedroom}

Looking forward to this week:
Playdates! Emily and her girls tomorrow, and my little niece and nephew on Wednesday!

 


My favorite blog post this week:
Well, it’s only Monday…so I haven’t read very many yet. But I recently read this old post over at Small Notebook {love!} about organizing {imagine that!} and thought it was sooo good. My favorite quote:

”If you organize to perfection, then you’re not organizing to make your life better, you’re living your life to organize, and nobody needs that.”


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

Small Notebook
and
Make It and Love It

 

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Family 1

Sorry…can’t be completely wordless – this is my favorite family picture taken by my good friend Katie, who happens to be one of the most talented photographer’s I know. We just got a huge print of this that she had displayed in her studio for awhile and now I get to decide where to hang it. I can’t wait to get it on the wall!

Lesson learned the past few days:
Not really something new, but I was reminded how important it is to keep the right priorities in place and at the top of the list must be my relationship with the Lord.

 

On my mind:
Honestly? All the cleaning I have to do this week. I’m not looking forward to doing it, but I am looking forward to it being done.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Reading in Acts 14 about how Paul gets stoned almost to death and then turns right back around and goes back into the very same city he was stoned in! From my devotional book:

“Sometimes we want to get back to where life is comfortable or where we have a lot of support from the people around us. And God is gracious to provide such seasons when we need them. But there are times when the calling He has placed on us dictates the hard path, the painful endurance, the pouring out instead of the drinking in.”

Hmmm…that’s kind of one of those “truths that I wish wasn’t true.” Makes me even more anxious to spend eternity in heaven though, away from the troubles of this world!

Hope you have a great Monday!

5 comments:

H-Mama said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your family photo!

une autre mère said...

That picture is so beautiful! And garage sales make me happy too. :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh my - That picture is so incredible. I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree that is a beautiful photo. I enjoyed reading your HHM post.

Sandra said...

Beautiful photo :)

Welcome to my Happy Homemaker Monday, glad you joined in and thanks for the post, it was fun to read :)

 
Images by Freepik