I’ve been super scatter brained lately. I’m not sure if it’s the baby, or if it’s just me being me. But let’s just say it’s the pregnancy :)
So here are my scattered thoughts.
- This is pretty much an everyday occurrence – Lily on one side of the fence, Buddy the beagle on the other. They are the best of buds. Our neighbor tells me that if Buddy hears Lily playing in the backyard, he’ll whine until she lets him out to go see her. And Lily does the same thing when she hears him :)
- I’m on the hunt for a double stroller, but I’ll be honest…I have no idea what I’m looking for! I tried looking on the Babies R’ Us website and all the options made my head swim. I have no clue what features are most desirable.
I mean know I want it to hold two kids. But do I get the Sit N’ Stand? The Sit N’ Stand Deluxe? Should it be side by side, or one in front of the other? Reclining? Self propelled?
Help.
- I’m trying something new this week. I’ve built a “Learning Time” into our schedule. My thought was that on Mondays I could teach a letter, Tuesdays a color, Wednesdays a shape, Thursdays a number, and Fridays do review. So today we worked on “A”.
I am not a teacher. I didn’t draw up a lesson plan. In fact, my only real plan was to have Lily sit on my lap and draw the letter A with a crayon and talk about it. I know, I’m inventive. Don’t be jealous.
I planned for 30 minutes of learning time.
It took us 5 minutes.
At the end, I drew the letters A, B, and C and asked her to point to the A. She pointed to C.
Help.
- I am currently working on three projects: refinishing a dresser, a desk, and some bookshelves that I’m turning into a hutch.
I have never in my life painted or refinished a piece of furniture.
Help.
So, in conclusion:
- I am pregnant.
- I am scatterbrained.
- I need help.
Happy Monday!



8 comments:
Oh painting :) I got a major scolding when I was pregnant and we were refinishing our cabinets. Apparently Oil based paint that is common in furniture re-finishing is quite toxic. So, I will pass along the wonderful advice I was given: Make Dave do the painting! {google it, its for real}
Your learning time thing cracked me up :)
They have self-propelled strollers?! Our double {one in front of the other} is highly awkward...and unless Lily is a model child, Sit & Stand...well, lets just say, Hayden isn't there yet.
I love my sit & stand, but Henry was 2 1/2 when I got it. Maybe get a regular front and back one and then switcheroo when Lily is older?
I bought both of my double strollers on CL and sold the first one I bought within a few hours of listing it.
Good job with your lesson plans!! Seriously, my 3 yr old doesn't know his letters yet. I wouldn't worry too much. :)
Enjoy this crazy, hot weather!
We used to have a Beagle behind us, and the girls LOVED him!
I think with an infant seat, the best stroller is one with one seat in front of the other. Thats what I did with my girls, then switched to side by side when they were over a year. Stroller hunting is always such a task!
I think with the age of your kids I'd go with the sit and stand deluxe, You can have the back kid in a regular seat or the jump seat on that one!!!
Don't do a side by side stroller, they are so wide you won't be able to take them down an aisle in a store.
I like our sit stand stroller and recommend it. I still use it with my now 6 year old and almost 2 year old. Although my problem is the 2 year old wants to sit in the back:)
How old is your little girl? I think you are good with the lesson plans, don't worry too much, it will come:)
I'm feeling pretty scatter brained these days too..so you're not alone...I really do think it's pregnancy! :) I'm impressed that you're in the midst of 3 projects! We need to refinish the bed in the guest room for my daughters big girl room...and I've only thought about it :). I'm in the same boat as far as the double stroller goes. I know that I don't want a side by side so I'm debating the two different sit and stands vs. the Graco Quatro (I think that's what it's called) I'll be interested to see what you settle on! I enjoy your sense of humor and reading your blog.
Strollers can be self-propelled?! What have I been doing with my time?!
And for teaching, I'd say stick with a theme all week. Like do A-B-C for 10 minutes a day (or whatever) until she gets it. Then move onto shapes and colors. But really, it could all be rolled into one thing with an under 2-year-old. Do you guys have a shape sorter? That's an excellent way to teach shapes and colors, usually. Plus, my girls always want to play with it over and over, so 10 or 15 minutes goes by really fast. Another thing we like is a wooden alphabet puzzle. Each letter is a different color, too, so as we put it together, we talk about the color, the letter, and what it stands for. Just play :)
Love my Graco front to back double stroller. I can't remember what it's called-but it's the newest model they've made. ALSO love my side by side double In Step jogger! But wouldn't recommed it for the mall-although i've done it! Did get some bad looks in the Baby Gap!
Good job on learning time! but if you really want her to get her letters earlier than the other kids...BUY "The Letter Factory" by leap frog. Does wonders. If your goal is mommy and me time...then you are accomplishing it! Whether she gets it at 2, 3, or 4! :))
Post a Comment