Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

May 13, 2010

What We Found At The Library…Sort Of

Come On Over!

Today I’m linking up with Sarah at This Heavenly Life for her bi-monthly book swap, “What We Found At the Library.”

Only in this case I’m not talking about a book I found at the library.

So we’ll call this “What We Got From WaterBrook Multnomah to Review and Liked So Much We Wanted to Recommend It to Everybody”

Or something like that.

About the Book:

Cover Art Battling his own personal demons, Police Chief Jonah Westfall knows the dark side of life and has committed himself to eradicating it. When a pair of raccoons are found mutilated in Redford, Colorado, Jonah investigates the gruesome act, knowing the strange event could escalate and destroy the tranquility of his small mountain town. With a rising drug threat and never-ending conflict with Tia Manning, a formidable childhood friend with whom he has more than a passing history, Jonah fights for answers—and his fragile sobriety.

But he can’t penetrate every wound or secret—especially one fueled by a love and guilt teetering on madness.

 

About the Author:

Author Bio While home schooling her four kids, Kristen Heitzmann wrote her first novel. It became one of a five book historical series. Since then, she has written three more historical novels and eight contemporary romantic and psychological suspense novels including The Still of Night, nominated for the Colorado Book Award, The Tender Vine, a Christy Award finalist and Christy Award winning Secrets. She lives in Colorado with her husband Jim, sundry family members, and pets.

My Thoughts:

This was a fiction book, of my favorite genre – a mystery/suspense novel. I just can’t help myself – I’ve loved a good mystery ever since reading my very first Nancy Drew book back in middle school.

I thought the book had an excellent plot. There was a tangled web of different story lines that seemed unrelated, but the author did a great job of tying everything in at the end. I thought that the characters and relationships in the story were complex and believable, and her descriptive writing style drew me in from the first page. This was one of those books that I would pick up at night and want to keep reading until my eyes got heavy.

I have to say though, I was a little disappointed by one thing. She chose to use some language a couple of times that I felt was inappropriate and distracting from the overall story line. I was especially surprised since that is not what I’ve come to expect from the books I’ve received from WaterBrook. I’ve never read anything else by this author so I’m not sure if that’s the norm.

Other than that, I loved the book and am definitely interested in checking the author out to see what other novels she’s written!

To read the first chapter in this book, go here.

Indivisible can be purchased online at WaterBrook Multnomah.

Be sure to go visit Sarah to see what books she and others recommend this week!

******************

This book was provided for review by the WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Company

3 comments:

Heather said...

I've read some of her inspirational romance and there is no questionable language in those at all, but she is one of my favorite authors!

This Heavenly Life said...

Oh, I've never heard of her, and I'll definitely put her name on my list! This book looks great -- I can't wait to go read the first chapter.

I'm so glad you joined in this week, Amy!

beccarankin said...

I've read a few of her books and like them. This one sounds good.:-)

I Found This at The Library, Sort Of looks cute. I'll have to find it for my girls.

 
Images by Freepik