Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 10, 2010

I’m In No Hurry

I know it’s fairly typical for pregnant women to be anxious for the end of the 9 months…especially once they hit that final trimester and all the “newness” of the pregnancy has worn off.

And I get it. You’re tired. You get uncomfortable. It’s hard to sleep. And bend over. You start to want your body back to at least some semblance of normal. You wish you could sleep on your stomach and paint your toenails without doing crazy contortions.

But the truth is…I’m in no hurry.

Because I know, no matter how difficult things are during pregnancy, it’s always easier when the baby is on the inside.

Don’t get me wrong – I’m excited to have another little one to snuggle. And I can’t wait to see what he/she is going to look like.

But honestly? This is a time in my life that will be like no other. These are the last days of me being mommy to just one. And I’m trying to soak up every single second I have with just me and my little girl.

When that baby comes it is going to require a lot of attention and care. Lily being the older one will be more self sufficient, and while we’ll do everything we can to make sure we divide our time, it’s not going to be like it is now – probably not ever again.

So even as I anticipate the arrival of our new little one, I’ll be enjoying these precious  moments with this little sweetheart.March 2010 003 (4)

No hurry.

7 comments:

beccarankin said...

Amen and amen! And I would give yourself six months to adjust to two. It took me at least that long. :-) Not to scare you, or anything. :-) It just takes a little while.

Emily said...

It was an adjustment for us, too. But know our boys don't remember any of it and they are such good friends! It gets better and better every day!!

And, I agree whole heartedly.It is so much easier when they are on the inside!!

peter marie said...

I love having my time with both kids, but I totally remember those feelings...I cried so hard when I had to say bye to Henry when I started going into labor. That time alone with your first born are so special! And then I'll get to enjoy that alone time with Harper when he goes to school! :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

awww.... this is really sweet. Most of the pregnant friends I have just want that baby out of them. This is refreshing. And, what a cute little one. ;)

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

So true...enjoy soaking up those moments.

Kendra Canty said...

Love this post, Amy! You're very right. Def trying to relish in the present while it lasts!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

How very true!! Mark and I always try to remember how it was with one... It's so hard to even fathom anymore how it was then with the fourth on the way now. I'm in no hurry with this one now either... yet. ;) When do you have your ultrasound?? Soon, right!?

 
Images by Freepik