Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 11, 2010

{You}


There was a time in my life when I was convinced I would never find someone like {you}.
As a {somewhat melodramatic} teenager, I can remember watching my friends and their “special someone's”, wondering why it felt like God would never give that to me.
Little did I know, it was because He was saving me for {you}.
{You}
…who hold pieces of my heart that no other man has ever even seen.
Honeymoon1
{You}
…who were my first boyfriend…
Spring Banquet
…and my first kiss…Kiss
{You}
…who have celebrated nearly every major milestone of my adult life with me.
Graduation
First Family Pic
Five and a half years ago, you knelt in front of a Christmas tree and asked me to be your wife…
Christmas Tree1
…and five years ago today, we stood in front of an altar and made a commitment to each other…
 img002
For better or worse…
Honeymoon6
…in sickness or in health…
Park      
…I’ll  be forever grateful that God gave me
{YOU}
Family 2
Happy 5 year anniversary babe! I love you!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Happy five years! Here's to fifty-five more :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Happy Anniversary to you and Dave!! So exciting!! Hard to believe a lot of us are on our 5th year of marriage...still wonderful!! God has been and is so good!! Hope you guys have a great day celebrating! I'd say be careful but you are already knocked up! ;) Love ya!!
El

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

This is SO sweet. I love all of the pictures. That last one made my heart melt.

Becky said...

Congratulations on 5 years!! I hope you have something really fun planned to celebrate :)

P.S. I can't believe I made the blog... and with that horrible picture - I look like I've been drinking :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Becky-- HAH! A little love drunk maybe ;)
Happy Anniversary to you!! Have a fantastic weekend away :)

Laura said...

Good grief Amy, you almost had me in tears! (blame it one the pregnancy) I hope you and Dave have an amazing weekend away together! Happy Anniversary! :)

beccarankin said...

Happy anniversary! Precious post.

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!! We celebrated our ten year yesterday, aren't June weddings gorgeous!

Beautiful post, too!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

une autre mère said...

Aw, I'm all tingly reading this! So sweet! Happy anniversary!!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

So sweet!! :) Happy 5 years! What a great milestone... Our 7th is on Monday! :)

Michelle said...

oh how sweet! glad you had a wonderful anniversary!

beautiful song!! {never heard it before thanks for sharing}

 
Images by Freepik