Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 14, 2010

We’re Having A….

Happy Monday morning to you!

Thanks so much for all of your anniversary wishes! We had a fantastic time on our little anniversary getaway and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!

But first, a little order of business :)

Remember how I told you we were scheduled for a second ultrasound in June, and we were hoping to find out the gender of our baby then?

Well.

We had our second ultrasound on June 1st. And they were able to tell what the baby’s gender was…but we asked them not to tell us. Instead, we had them write it down and put it in an envelope for us to open later…to be precise, we wanted to wait until our anniversary to open it.

I know. Aren’t we sentimental fools? :)

Actually, I was ready to open the envelope the second we stepped out of the doctor’s office…but Dave made me wait. Meanie :)

So anyway…this weekend on our drive north we found out the long anticipated news…

BOY or GIRL?

And I won’t torture you any longer because I know you’re all dying to know…and because one of you is going to win a prize for guessing the right gender!

Are you ready??

Time for me to start digging out the tubs of Lily’s baby clothes because  
we’re having another girl!!!

And congratulations to Jenn! Out of all the people who correctly guessed the gender, her name was drawn as the winner of the $5 gift card!

Fun Fact: Jenn’s little boy Dane and Lily were born just a few weeks apart.
And now Jenn is pregnant with her second and due just a couple weeks before me!

Jenn, send me an email and let me know what your address is and whether you’d like a Target, Sonic, or Starbucks card!

*********

Oh, and by the way…both Dave and I were super surprised. We were pretty sure it was a boy. But I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to have two little girls! I always wanted a sister growing up so I’m thrilled that Lily will get that chance!

Plus I can dress them up like TWINS! :)

Alrighty. I’ve got suitcases to unpack and a pile of laundry to tackle. Tomorrow I’ll tell you all about our anniversary getaway!

Have a great day!

20 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Congratulations, guys! Two girls will be FUN!! I'm so excited!

Amy said...

Congratulations! That is beautiful news. So happy for you!
Blessings,
Amy

H-Mama said...

Yay! Personally, I think this is wonderful. Fun. People 'still' ask me to this day if my girls are twins. Ha! Looks like your laundry pile will soon require a 'pink' pile, like ours. ;)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

OHHH!! I'm excited. :) I love having same gender kidos - so great with clothes, toys, and they are such best buds (except when they aren't - but y'know).
Congratulations Amy!
Can't wait to hear about your getaway. I know how laundry mocjs though, so I guess I'll let you do that first.

Anonymous said...

So, really weird but I had a dream about you last night...like I said, weird! Anyway, it was about you announcing what you were having and you said a girl! So, when I saw that you were telling in your blog today then I was like "oh, I already know b/c she told me last night!" How crazy is that!! Anyway, congrats!! Sisters are great...it gets crazy and dramatic at times but still great! Praying you and baby and fam are still doing well! Love you and miss you!
Ellen

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

WOW! I am suprised as well! Super congrats...I don't even remember what I guessed...Now I'm wondering what boy name you were talking about the other day.....hmmm....William ;) haha :)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Congrats!! Having little girls is so much fun :)!!

Michelle said...

oh how exciting! i love having all girls, and i loved dressing them up in the same cute little outfits when they were younger. {emily has her "own" style now HA!} i can still get away with dressing sarah and audrey alike.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Congratulations! You'll have so much fun with two girls!

Anonymous said...

Yay for sisters! So sweet :) Have a name picked out?

Anonymous said...

Yay for sisters! So sweet :) Have a name picked out?

Sara@iSass said...

YEAH! How exciting! Two little girls should be fun. Congratulations!

becky said...

Congrats on having another girl...I love having a sister! I love the idea of putting the gender in an envelope. We were going to do that but couldn't find a day that we had the day and evening open so ended up just finding out at our u/s...what fun!!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Yay!! Super Congrats!! How special for Lily to have a sister to share life with! :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

PS.....just thought of this
Tell Dave welcome to my world :) Not Jesse's world...my world. The "is it even possible to have a ______" world :)

Although I am absolutely stoked for you to have 2 little girls! That is so so so so awesome :)

beccarankin said...

I'm so excited for you! I love having two girls. I'd like a boy someday.... but if I only have two, I'm glad they are both girls. Hopefully they will be best of friends as they get older.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you.

The Haase's said...

Congratulations Amy! I love having two boys and it is so fun to reuse the clothes!

Jenilee said...

congrats on having another girl! we have 3 over here. :)

Anonymous said...

another girl, how wonderful!

 
Images by Freepik