Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jul 16, 2010

Photo Booth Friday: 28 Weeks

Funny how the first time you’re pregnant you keep diligent track of every week of your pregnancy, but by the second time around you can barely remember what trimester you’re in.

I actually Googled, “When does the third trimester start” the other day because I couldn’t for the life of me remember.  According to Baby Center:

“You are only technically pregnant 266 days if you go full term. The 280 days is full term plus 2 weeks prior to ovulation--when you weren't even pregnant. If you go by the 40 weeks (280 days) …the math would be 13.3 weeks and you would be in your third about 27 weeks. If you go by 266 days, you would be starting your third trimester in the 25th week. So, docs go between 25-28 weeks for that reason.”

Well that certainly clears things up.

Let’s just say the third trimester starts at 28 weeks, m’kay?

Here’s a shot of my 28 week bump:

July 2010 014

July 2010 015

And this is what I see what I see when I look down…do you see my toes playing Where’s Waldo?July 2010 009

I watch a little girl every Monday and this week she asked me:

“Why is your tummy getting so big? Are you really full?”

Yeah, something like that :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, if only we could all look as beautiful as you do at 28 weeks!

beccarankin said...

I think you look adorable! Love that cute little halter top!

Kelly said...

Seriously, you look adorable!!!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Hey I can still see your toes :) haha :)
Maybe someday I'll get to be pregnant in the summer....I'm not sure thats really all that desirable, except for not wearing huge clothes and sweaters!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

You look awesome!!! :)

Mindy said...

I totally agree with not keeping track the second time around...so thanks for the reminder of how far along I am because I know I'm exactly 4 weeks behind you. :) and I, too, love that cute halter top! where did you get it?

Amy@My Front Porch said...

You all are very sweet :)

Mind, the top is actually not even maternity! I got it at Kohl's in the Juniors section, no less! It's just nice and stretchy and cut in such a way that it works for a prego lady :) You should check there because I bought it not too long ago and they had lots of fun colors!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

You look so stinkin' cute!!

Debbi said...

You are an adorable pregnant woman!

Hey, I think I saw you at the Ankeny library last week??? I thought about running across the parking lot, but decided that might scare you since we don't really know each other :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Hmm - I think I have that top and wore it when I was pregnant with Kai! :) -One very similar anyway. You are gorgeous!! :)

Kristi said...

I just read your post, and that totally sounds like something Brooke would say. Welcome to the world of toddlers, where you are always surprised by what comes out of their mouths.

 
Images by Freepik