In case you stop by and my wonder why my house is messy…
Excuse This House
Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there,
Ours boasts it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the doors
I should apologize, I guess
For toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with my child
And we played and laughed and read
And if the doorbell doesn’t shine,
Her eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I’m forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I’d like to cook and clean and scrub,
But first I’ll be a mother.
Author Unknown
Thanks for sharing this Amanda…it’s going on my fridge :)



7 comments:
That was one of the sweetest poems ever. I agree with you...First, I will be a mother. :) Thanks for sharing, I think I might borrow it if you wouldn't mind. Hope this comment finds you and your precious little family extremely blessed and floating in His love. :)
i love this! thanks for sharing!!
I also saw this on Amanda's page and I made it into a framed poem to match my kitchen - I love it! :0) Great reminder about what is truly important!
No problem. When I found it I knew I had to post it. I am printing it up, too. It might also find it's way in some other mother's hands that I know could need the encouragment. :-)
Blessings!
Love, love, love this!
I love this and plan to share it with the mom's in my Bible study. We were just talking about how hard it is for us to let our houses go messy. ;)
I'll have to keep this on hand for when I become a mom one day! Good advice and done in a cute way :)
Post a Comment