Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Mar 30, 2011

Overheard…

Me: Oh, honey your nose is running, let me get you a Kleenex
Lily: {calling after me} It’s ok Mommy. I wipe it on my bunny.

********************

Me: Lily, you need to sit down on your bottom. We don’t jump on the furniture.
Lily: It’s not furniture, Mommy, it’s a couch.

************************

The Scene: Bathtime. Lily’s in the tub and Dave runs to her closet to grab a washcloth. When he returns she is standing up looking proud.
Lily:
I go potty like Daddy!
Dave: Lily…did you go potty in the bathtub?
Lily: Yeah! I stand up. Like Daddy!

***********************

Me: Lily, when it gets nice and warm out we’ll be able to play outside all day and go to the swimming pool!
Lily: Ooohh, I love fwimmin’! Can we go fwimmin’ Mommy?
Me: Yes, but we have to wait until summer. When it’s warm.
Lily: {pauses} Can I have summer, Mommy? Please???

Oh honey…I know the feeling!

March 2011 100

One things for sure…she keeps us on our toes!

Thanking God for our bright, beautiful, crazy, creative, way too smart little girl!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

I absolutely love this age!!

Tammy said...

You always put a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing those sweet and funny moments with us! :) be blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Her comment about peeing in the tub cracked me up! So funny! Good job writing these down, you will be super glad you did.

 
Images by Freepik