Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 1, 2011

She May Not Be As Quotable As Her Older Sister…

…but she’s just as cute. Wouldn’t you agree?

March 2011 003

Although I think if she could verbalize her thoughts, it would probably go something like this:

“Oooh, what’s that? My hand? It looks delicious! Let me stick it in my mouth!”

“Oooh, what’s that? Mommy’s hair? It looks delicious! Let me stick it in my mouth!”

“Oooh, what’s that? Daddy’s cell phone? It looks delicious! Let me stick it in my mouth!”

**Insert vigorous Riverdance-like kicks here**

March 2011 005

I think the top 3 most common remarks we hear people say about her are:

  1. She looks nothing like her sister!
    True, at least right now. And no…we don’t really know who she resembles…
  2. She is getting so big! And yet, she’s still so small!
    Also true. Getting bigger but still looking small, she’s like a walking oxymoron. Except she’s not walking. So she’s like a rolling oxymoron, I guess.
  3. She’s such a smiley little baby!
    Yes, it’s true. She is {almost} always smiling. Sometimes at inanimate objects, but hey! She’s happy!

Lately she’s been waking up early from her naps…or occasionally in the middle of the night to practice her rolling.

March 2011 001

She’s getting pretty good at it, and we can always hear her on the monitor, squealing and having a grand old time, until at some point she starts crying….

It’s all fun and games until somebody forgets how to roll themselves back over and gets stuck on their belly in their crib.

March 2011 002

In 11 days she will be 6 months old, and all those “baby” milestones will be sneaking up on me. Eating cereal, sitting up on her own, trying her first bites of baby food…it’s all just around the corner.

Happy almost 6 months Sophers! We love you!

(Even if we don’t take as many pictures of you)

(Sorry about that)

9 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh my! I can't stand it. She is so darling. I want to squeeze her cheeks.

Becky said...

Amy she is so pretty! I love her blue eyes!! I would think one of the comments you would get about her would be that she looks like a doll! I call her for Logan :)

Mindy said...

Sorry, Beck, but Caleb already has his eye on her. :) I have a pic on my phone of them holding hands at Kim's house.
She is adorable, Amy! I miss all the little baby girl clothes. So cute and so fun!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable! How can it be 6 months? Crazy!

mommy baum said...

She's adorable ;) I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.....enjoy your adventure with food!

une autre mère said...

Wow, she is such a gorgeous baby! I think she looks like you in the picture of her peering out of her crib. So lovely! :)

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Oh my word, she is just the most precious little thing ever!
Adorable!

peter marie said...

She is so beautiful!! I love the picture of her looking out the rails of the crib. Precious, precious!!

Anonymous said...

Those eyes are beautiful! You make the cutest babies Amy.

How's your wrist doing?

 
Images by Freepik