Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 6, 2011

Conspiracy Theory

March 2011 003

I can’t be positive but I think my children must’ve had a conversation this morning that went something like this:

Sophia: Pssst….hey. Lily. I heard Mommy saying she has a ton of stuff to do today. So…how about let’s both wake up early from our naps, ok?

Lily: Oh yeah, I like the way you think. And I heard her telling Daddy she needs to get the house really clean. So after we wake up I think you should cry incessantly and while she’s distracted, I’ll get in the pantry and dump out all the cereal all over the floor.

Sophia: {laughing} Oh! Yeah! That’s a good one! And I’ll try to keep her busy long enough for you to color all over the walls too!

**Both laughing hysterically, wiping tears from their eyes.**

Lily: Oooh,yeah, that’s a good plan. Let’s do that. And then when it’s over, I’ll go over and give her a big bear hug and tell her how much I love her.

Sophia: Yeah, and I’ll just stop crying, bat my eyelashes at her, and give her a big grin…since she doesn’t know I can talk yet.

Lily: Yeah. And she’ll forgive us because we’re so cute. And because she’s a Mommy, and that’s one of the things they do best.

Of course I forgive them. Could you stay mad at a face like this?

April 2011 014

6 comments:

Chrysanthemama said...

Little stinkers! But, they are so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I have OFTEN thought this very same thing about my kids :)

Anonymous said...

So funny. I definitely laughed out loud at this. :)

Becky said...

You're scaring me because I really need to clean the house tomorrow morning and I'm just praying the kids aren't needy! :)

TheMillers said...

Haha. I think Gideon and Sawyer have these conversations too!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

HA! I think you are so, so right. Hilarious!!

 
Images by Freepik