Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Apr 14, 2011

A Few Things…

Do you ever put off doing something for so long that the very thought of completing the task becomes overwhelming? Yeah, that’s pretty much how I always feel about cleaning the oven.

And sometimes the laundry.

And the filing of the papers.

But right now that’s pretty much how I feel about my blog. So in lieu of an actual thought out post with, you know, paragraphs and transitional phrases and stuff, you get…my brain dump.

  1. I got my cast off! Actually it’s been off for a couple of weeks now. I was actually excited to be able to change diapers again. That novelty wore off pretty quickly.

  2. Speaking of diapers…potty training for Lily starts next week! I think, {in my very humble and completely inexperienced first time potty trainer opinion} that she’s ready. But I could be wrong…after all, yesterday when I noticed she was *ahem* “squatting” in the corner after breakfast and asked her if she wanted to go sit on the big girl potty she told me, “No Mommy. I think I’ll just go poopy in my shorts.” Well. Alrighty then. Hopefully the removal of the diaper will make that a little more uncomfortable for her.

  3. Dave and I just got back from a long weekend in Chicago (I’m sorry. There's just no good transition from talking about poop to romantic getaways). I’ll post a few more pictures some other day, but in summary: we talked, we slept, we ate, we walked and we did all those things ALL BY OURSELVES. I love our girls and we were ready to see them when we got home, but we needed some couple time in a really bad way!Celtics
  4. I put up some sort of spring/summer-ish decorations on our mantle. I’m still trying to decide if the sticks look good or just weird…
    April 2011 021April 2011 023

 

I think that’s all.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

mindy said...

Yay for potty training! and yes, the removal of the diaper will make the pooping in the shorts a little uncomfortable (although Hannah still does it sometimes). :) Glad you guys had fun on your getaway. And to be honest, the sleeping part sounds the best to me right now. :)
And I don't think the sticks look weird...they look like early spring before anything has bloomed. Keep them until you can replace them with some flowers. :) Happy Thursday to you too!

Jamie said...

Yay for getting your cast off! Yay for weekends away! And I vote yay on the sticks. I think they look great. And I hope potty training goes super :)

peter marie said...

Glad you got your cast off and some time away!

I love, love, LOVE what you did with the mantel. Please tell me where you got the "bloom" tray...must have it. :)

 
Images by Freepik