Lately Lily’s been making up little songs. They typically make no sense and don’t really follow any sort of tune, it’s just basically her thoughts strung out in a sing-songy voice. For example:
Mommy has jeans.
But I don’t.
Becaaause…
I wear my summer clothes.
A tank top.
And I don’t wear a jacket.
Exceeepttt
When it’s
a little bit chilly
And then I wear a jacket.
My pink one.
She will also have “pretend” conversations – usually when we’re driving in the car. These conversations usually consist of several “adult” sounding phrases all strung together in random order with a few connecting words thrown in between.
Example:
“Well, my Mom said, I probably will but then I just went somewhere and I didn’t even know, but, actually, I didn’t because I said, I have to go check my email so I just did, and it was sooooo funny. But, obviously…”
And on and on and on. Sometimes she will carry on like that for several minutes. And we just nod and say, “Uh huh? Oh really?” and pretend like we know what she’s talking about. Even though clearly she doesn’t even really know.
The other night she told us,
“My brother was on Facebook and he said, ‘I’m gonna send you an email.”
Which we thought was funny. So we laughed. And now she talks about “her brother” and “Facebook “constantly. Hoping for more laughs. Little comedian.
And just for the record…no, she doesn’t have a brother. Not even in utero



3 comments:
this cracks me up because it sounds just like Hannah these days! silly songs and random phrases/sentences that we have no idea what they mean. :) I am loving this age...although the naughtiness is at it's peak, when she's funny, she's really funny! we need to get together soon, by the way. :)
Hahaha! I love this...what a fun little girl to be around! I can see my Josefine being much like this...currently, her jibber-jabber consists of Thomas and Mickey and Dora and Mister Owl (a character we made up while telling bedtime stories)and apples and gaaa-rapes! :) you're so good to record these things...I need to be better at it!! :) Hope you're doing well!
so cute. I never get tired of hearing the funny, sweet, innocent little things they spout out.
Post a Comment