Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

May 26, 2011

A Summer Mantel

I’ve been such a lazy blogger lately. It’s kind of one of those things that I’d like to do more regularly, but just gets shoved in a corner when I’m busy. Which, let’s be honest, I’m pretty much never not busy. How’s that for a double negative? My English teacher would be so proud Smile

Anywhoo.

Tuesday night our basement flooded. It was awesome {insert sarcasm font here}.

And I’m really tired of talking/thinking about it right now.

So how about let’s talk about something more pleasant, huh?

There’s a Summer Mantel Party going on over at Layla’s blog right now and I thought it might be fun to link up. I’ve got virtually nothing to offer in the way of mantel decorating tips and what have you, but I do have a picture of my “summer mantel”:

mantel

All of those are things I already had around the house. I think I like it, but I’m never really sure whether or not what I like actually looks good. I think I have Decorating Insecurity issues.

Anyway, so that’s my mantel, hope you enjoyed! I’m off to go rotate one of seventeen bajillion industrial strength fans blowing in our basement that have been running for the past 48 hours. If anyone would like to donate money to our May Energy Bill fund, it would be greatly appreciated Winking smile

9 comments:

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

SO SO sorry about your basement....but on a positive note, I think you mantel looks awesome!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Lovin' your "Bloom" caddy and sorry to hear about your basement...it's always something going on with our homes.

Blessings,
Linda

Becky said...

Sad to hear about your basement! I hope nothing was ruined :(

Your mantel looks awesome! I need you to come up here and help me decorate my house - you are so good at it!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm so sorry about your basement too! Hope it dries out quickly!

Your mantel is so beautiful! I'm so bad at decorating, I didn't even think of the possibility of switching to a summer mantel until I saw your picture! I need help! You have a great decorating eye!

peter marie said...

Sorry about your basement!!

LOVE the mantel. Love. You do a great job of decorating seasonally! I went to Michael's after you showed that Bloom tray the 1st time...it was gone already. Bummer!

Kelly said...

Your mantel is beautiful!!! So sorry about the flooding!

TheMillers said...

I love your mantel, too. Did you put the bloom sticker on there yourself? I am jealous if you have a cricut or a silhoutte! And I have those exact birds up at my house too.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Ooohhh! I love it Amy!! You just tell that Decorating Insecurity that it has no basis to stand on and it can go now. :) Say "So Long Insecurity!" ;) ...Which reminds me of a REALLY good book. :)

Anyway, I really like how you decorate and I like it even more when you share pictures of it on your blog.

Praying for you guys as you dry out...

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS!

You are so good at decorating that mantel. :)

p.s. I have that little tan bird's brother sitting on my mantel too! Yeah for 40% off at Michaels, right?

 
Images by Freepik