Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jun 15, 2011

Monday By The Numbers

eight

…number of diapers changed {including one poopy blow-out}

five

…number of loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away

three

…number of bedrooms dusted

two

…number of bathrooms scrubbed from top to bottom

sixty

…number of minutes it took Lily to fall asleep for her afternoon nap

sixty-five

…number of minutes it took for Sophia to wake up from her afternoon nap

five

…number of minutes of quiet in my day

seventeen {or so}

…number of giggles shared with a silly two year old over supper

one

…number of times Sophia peed in the bathtub

one

…number of times Sophia peed on the floor while I cleaned up the bathtub

fifty bajillion

…number of times I wished Dave wasn’t working late

three

…number of deep breaths taken in order to regain my perspective

one

…number of bedtimes stories read

four

…number of bedtime hugs and kisses received

two

…number of thankful prayers I whispered for my sweet smelling sleepy baby girls as I tucked them into bed

six

…number of bites left in my leftover chocolate peanut butter slice of heaven cheesecake from our anniversary dinner

Cheesecake

A little chocolate goes a long way towards helping unwind after a long Monday.

Ya know?

7 comments:

MIndy said...

Yes, chocolate is most definitely deserved after a day like that! :) and man, I know how you feel about those days when one wakes up early when the other just falls asleep. ugh! Here's hoping the rest of your week is going better. :)

Mandi said...

Man, we should have just gotten together on Monday! We could have combined chaos! :) Love your posts and so encouraged by your "keep keepin' on" attitude!

Lisa said...

Only six bites of that chocolate deliciousness? I'm impressed by your will power!! :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Three...number of attempts at reading this before I finally got to read the whole thing! :)
Oh, I'd completely forgot about the peeing in the tub! Better get stocked up on chocolate before baby comes! ;)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Ha! Lisa...they were big bites... :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like my day! :)

Anonymous said...

Phew, you definitely deserved that delicious cheesecake! Happy {late} Anniversary. I completely agreed with you post. Marriage is so much more than feelings and it can still be good when it's hard.

 
Images by Freepik