Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Oct 5, 2011

Apparently I’m The Queen of Freak Accidents

I mean, if you’ve been around me long enough, you’ve probably already figured that out.

I told you about how I branded myself with a curling iron in high school.

And how I broke my wrist.

Oh wait, I never actually told you how I broke my wrist…there’s a reason for that. It’s embarrassing.

Short story – my knee popped out of place (it does that sometimes. It hurts. Really bad.)

I fell.

While I was taking my pants off.

Landed on my wrist.

I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I had to tell that story and every time I wished I had a better opening than, “Well, I was taking off my pants...”

(You know like, “One day in kickboxing class” or “Last week while snow skiing.”)

Aaaanyway….

Fast forward to the present day. I set Sophia down on the carpet, turned to walk past her, intending to shut the window, somehow knocked her over with my leg which caused her to fall on my foot and scrape the side of her head on my toenail.

October 2011 009

Yeah…you can just go ahead and hold off on that Mom of the Year award I know you were planning on giving to me. I really don’t know if there is anything worse than realizing that you have {even unintentionally} injured your child.

And of course, because it’s in such a visible place, now I get the added embarrassment pleasure of explaining to everyone that I scratched my child’s face with my toe.

Not only am I a klutz, I clearly need to spend more time grooming my feet.

I guess, on the positive side, maybe this could help me make a case for getting a good pedicure??

************

Don’t forget to enter the Princess of the King giveaway for your chance to win some adorable hair accessories for the favorite little girl in your life!!

2 comments:

H-Mama said...

first, ouch. second. you crack me up with your opening liners.

did i ever tell you about the time i locked myself out of the house with my first newly born baby inside? twice. in one week. i'd imagine there aren't a lot of awards being passed out... if so, they're not tellin' the truth. ;)

we can only take comfort in the fact that these things tend to scar us mamas more than our babies, right? ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I was sitting in my office at work laughing out loud as I read this. This is so like something I'll do when I have kids. I love your honesty & I always enjoy reading your blog posts!

 
Images by Freepik