Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 27, 2012

I Am Such A Lame Blogger

My last post was over two weeks ago. And it was about cleaning products.

Lame.

Let’s see if I can catch you up.

*****************

The girls and I signed up for a Mommy and Me Music class led by my friend and former co-worker Lisa. We love it!

Current favorite song:

********************

I went away with some friends for a girls’ weekend in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago. We shopped Ikea and the Mall of America – and I mean we shopped. It’s been a loooong time since I’ve had an entire day and a half with absolutely no agenda and it was a WONDERFUL reprieve.

And I got some cute stuff with my Christmas and birthday money!
My favorite purchase:

shoes_ia91554

Cute, comfortable, warm, and slip-on. These are PERFECT. Pretty sure I’ve already gotten my money’s worth out of them!

**************

My little brother got ENGAGED!!

Chad n Rach

His fiancee’s name is Rachel. One of the sweetest girls EVER. We love her!

Now I can legitimately pin wedding ideas on Pinterest Winking smile

***************

I’m reading the book of John in my quiet time and God has been continually bringing this verse to my mind this week:

Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.
John 6:26

I spend a great deal of time every week on “the food that perishes” – the physical stuff of life, and to an extent, this is necessary. But so often it clouds my view of what is TRULY important, particularly in my work as a mother.

While making sure my girl’s have clothes and food and opportunities to learn and expand their minds, my ultimate goal in EVERYTHING is to direct them to “the food endures to eternal life.”

***********

Speaking of the girls, in the time it took for me to write this Lily cut an entire book of Post It notes with her new (CHILD SAFE) scissors and has scattered all the itty bitty pieces on the floor, and Sophia removed every single measuring spoon and cup from the drawer and individually licked each one.

It’s time for me to go Smile

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

my fave purchase is a 3 way tie between my roxy shoes, my scarf from Ann Taylor Loft and my pants (either pair) f/ the Limited.
and you're not kidding, for as casually as we shopped, we made that mall look like child's play ;) love it.
that is officially an event on my annual agenda.

Kelly said...

Love those shoes! I think I need some! :)
Thanks for sharing the verse! Such a good one to meditate on for us busy mommies.

Unknown said...

I was very happy with several of my purchases too, but I must admit, those shoes are awesome!

Lisa said...

So glad you guys are enjoying music class! I may be getting Audrey a Laurie Berkner CD for her bday, girl loves to dance. :)

 
Images by Freepik