Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Jan 13, 2012

Friday Favorites

My friend Emily occasionally does “Friday Favorites” on her blog and I thought it was such a great idea I’m stealing it Smile

Today – favorite cleaning products.

Bar Keepers friend

  1. Bar Keeper’s Friend – if you have a porcelain sink, this stuff is a MUST.  My mom introduced me to it when we moved into our house and I’ve used it without ever looking back. It EFFORTLESSLY cleans those dark marks that you get while also disinfecting – 1000 times better than Comet!

    Mrs. Meyers
  2. Mrs. Meyer’s Countertop Spray in Lavender – I love all of her cleaning products but they tend to be on the pricey side so I don’t usually buy them. But THIS is one thing I splurge on. It smells so clean and so fresh without being harsh and I love using it to instantly freshen our kitchens and bathrooms.

    Magic Eraser
  3. Magic Eraser – this is no secret, but these are truly magic. I hardly remember how I cleaned without them! I’ve used them to clean crayons off the wall, clean our white kitchen countertops, get soap scum off our shower door and they work wonders on tile and grout!

    Dirt Devil
  4. Canister Vacuum – I’ve written before about my love for my “Red Devil” – I use it to vacuum my hard surface floors before mopping them. It gets up every bit of dirt without leaving that annoying little line that you get with a regular broom. I also use the attachments to clean our vents, baseboards, and furniture. Without this, cleaning our hard floors would be a long, tedious process.

    cleaning-swiffer-duster_300
  5. Swiffer Extender – I swipe this over our ceiling fan blades once a week and I never have to worry about cleaning a nasty film of dust. These are also great for getting cobwebs up out of corners and off of light fixtures and for swiping off electronics like TV’s and computers.

So those are a few of my favorite cleaning products – what are some of yours? (I mean, besides Norwex…I’ve already heard that pitch several times Winking smile) Maybe I’ll find a new product that I can’t live without!

All images courtesy of Google Images

3 comments:

Amber said...

Amy - I love Mrs. Meyer's too! I originally bought the countertop spray in basil. I liked it so much that I ordered a bulk case of 6 big bottles of the multipurpose solution from amazon for $30-something dollars. I think I probably bought those over a year ago, and I've only used one full bottle and 1/4 of another. It's a great deal! You should check it out and see if they carry lavender in bulk on amazon.

H-Mama said...

mrs. meyers does smell yummy. i'm sure my family would love for me to do something other than baking soda and vinegar. ha! oh well, the smell fades and i plug in the scented warmer. a friend of mine has a porcelain sink... said, if given a choice, she would never do that again. they are so pretty, though. ;)

Karen said...

I am a Mrs. Meyers fan too!! Have you noticed the "recipe" on the side of the bottle. To make more countertop spray... add 1/2 bottle water and 4 Tablespoons of the all purpose solution. That makes it more reasonable!!
One of my "splurges" is Method Tub and Tile in Eucalyptus Mint. It smells incredible and non-toxic a big must with three little ones running around!!!

 
Images by Freepik