Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Sep 13, 2012

For the Love of All Things Pumpkin

Hello, there!

I’m going to switch gears here and talk about some of the other things we’ve got going on in our life right now. Just a warning, this is probably going to be a little random and rambly(but, really…what’s new, right?)

It is finally, finally feeling like fall. Usually I’m a little bittersweet about the ending of summer but after the scorching hot dry weather we’ve had, I’ve been itching for cooler temperatures. And today is one of my favorite kinds of days. The ground is wet and the sky is gray and the air is cool and it just feels like the perfect kind of day to snuggle up on the couch with a book and a blanket and cook a big pot of chili.

This morning I put the girls in their little skinny jeans and tunics that I’ve been waiting to pull out…be still my heart!

August-September 2012 052

August-September 2012 065

I may or may not have had to bribe Sophia with a muffin in order to get her to stand still Smile

August-September 2012 061

I was super excited a couple of weeks ago to find some Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee for my Keurig…

August-September 2012 048

But…blech. I tried it and I don’t really like it. I made myself drink three cups of it though, because I paid for it! But I’m so disappointed that it didn’t taste they way I expected it to. So…anyone want 15 Pumpkin Spice K-Cups? Maybe you will like them better than me!

Oh, and this is old news, but I did end up cutting my hair at the beginning of August

August-September 2012 026

It’s grown out a little, and I had a hard time getting a good picture of it, but it’s basically a stacked bob, like some of the ones I was considering. I really love that it always looks styled (as opposed to my long hair which was up in a ponytail 95% of the time). Of course that means I actually have to take the time to style it in the morning. I don’t necessarily love that Smile

I started doing some preschool stuff with Lily. I’ll write a more in-depth post about that later, but basically I’m using the free curriculum from this site. We’re only doing it on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and we just started doing it this week so we’ve only had two days so far. One of those days was awesome. One was not so awesome. We’ll see how we feel about it in a month or so!

Tuesday night I went to a candle party and ordered some of my fall favorites:

cranberryorange

Cranberry Orange and

mulled cider

Mulled Cider

Mmmmm….if you’ve never tried Gold Canyon candles, you should definitely find a consultant ASAP. Their candles are the best – the scents will fill your whole house and they burn down evenly.

And I’m not being paid to say this. Promise. I just really, really, really love their candles!

And…finally. I’ve been pinning pumpkin recipes on Pinterest like they’re going out of style:

Source: quickmeme.com via Meg on Pinterest

 

It’s bad, folks. Really, really bad. And at one point I thought to myself, “You know, not everything tastes good with pumpkin in it.”

But here are a few recipes I’m itching to try:

 
 

Pumpkin Spice Cannoli

 

 
 
 
 
 
Mini Pumpkin Pies
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Cinnamon Cheesecakes with Pumpkin Pie Frosting

Ok. My girls are sticking Play-Doh up their noses. Time to go.

Hope you have a happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Zac and Stacie said...

Oh how I wish I were still in your small group so I could enjoy the cinnamon cheesecakes...mini pumpkin pies...pumpkin bread...guess we'll just have to get together again sometime soon!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Mmm...I really like your shirt & hair ;) but I do not share your love for all things pumpkin. I like a piece of pumpkin pie once a year, and I do enjoy that, but that's where it ends :)
I was thinking I asked you this, but are you having a candle party this year?

Mandi said...

I pinned those first two recipes, too! The cannoli especially looks amazing - one of brads fave things!

Liked this post. :)

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

This site has some amazing free printables for preschool and up also if you're interested. http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/
Your hair is really really cute also!

Unknown said...

I saw that same pumpkin bread recipe & may have pinned it myself. I do the same when it comes to fall. I have 2 huge cans of pumpkin in my pantry just waiting to be used.

And, your hair ... super cute!

 
Images by Freepik