Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Dec 7, 2012

Friday Favorites #2

Happy Friday!

We’ve been dealing with some sort of strange stomach virus {in Lily} that has just lingered…and lingered…and lingered…to the point that I’m not sure whether it’s a stomach virus, or something else.

Anyway, so I’m just attempting to keep my perspective in the midst of a lot of vomit.

And on that pleasant note, on to my second “Friday Favorites” post.

Favorite DIY to Try: Giant Picture Behind an Old Windowhow cool is this?

 

Favorite Kitchen Tip: Use an Electric Heating Pad to Help Bread RiseWhy have I never thought of this?

 

Favorite Meaningful Keepsake: Cradle to Cross WreathThis is so cool! Handmade by Ann Voskamp’s son Caleb the wreath follows:

  • the journey of Mary with Child on a donkey travelling to Bethlehem through the 24 days of Advent
  • the journey of Jesus carrying a cross to Calvary through the 40 days of Lent (candle wreath extensions included)
  • (optional -- the wreath may be used to mark the next 40 days, from Easter Sunday to the Ascension of Christ, marking each day either with the movement of a candle, or a self-made paper butterfly, flower etc...)

 

It’s a little pricey, but this would be an investment in something that our family would keep for many generations. Maybe I will save up for one next year?

Favorite Christmas Snack: White Chocolate Popcorn MixI think I’m going to make this for our Christmas movie night this year! And you could change up the color of the M and M’s to do other holidays or events too!

 

Favorite Sip: S’mores Hot ChocolateI’m a sucker for homemade hot chocolate and this looks absolutely DIVINE!

 

Favorite Christmas Card Display Idea: Punch Holes and Put them On a Ring. Tie a little ribbon and you’ve got a nice little coffee table display! {I don’t have a website for this one}

Source: Uploaded by user via Amy on Pinterest

 

Favorite Indulgence: Warm Chocolate Pudding with Caramel Sauce. Um, YES!

 

Favorite Rerun: Reba. I never get tired of this show. I have our DVR set to record them and I watch one every day during naptime. It’s my “lunch break.” Yep, I’m a dork.

Reba

Hope you have a happy Friday!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Awwww Reba! If we lived down the street I would come over and watch it with you ~ that's what I watched during naptime yesterday!!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Oh Becky, how I wish you lived closer too!!

 
Images by Freepik