Welcome to my front porch!

I invite you to peek through the windows into my life -- it's not always pretty, and sometimes it's messy, but I hope you find that it is REAL.

If you're new here, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed, email or by using Google Friend Connect down below!

Now grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and enjoy the view!

Feb 5, 2013

Tuesday Randoms

Because my brain just isn't capable of anything else right now...

  • We still have our outdoor Christmas decorations up. Yes I am aware that it is almost Valentine's Day. I'm sure our neighbors are thrilled to have us classing up the neighborhood. It's just been too cold...and also I am too lazy. Mostly just I'm too lazy.
  • Speaking of lazy, I half started decorating our house for Valentine's day and then I got sidetracked.
  • I'm pretty upset with the powers that be over at Downton Abbey for the horrific turn of events the show took two weeks ago. Even more upset when my husband who has read all of the Season 3 spoilers informed me that it gets worse. I won't ruin it for those of you that don't want to know the specifics but trust me, IT GETS SO MUCH WORSE!
  • I read a super interesting article the other day about an unlikely friendship between Dan Cathy (the CEO of Chick-fil-a) and a well-known gay activist. If you have time, you should read it. SUPER interesting. This man may never come to know Christ, but he has gotten to the point where he was willing to listen to the message of the gospel, simply because the man who he thought was his enemy reached out to him in friendship. That's powerful.
  • I ate a cupcake from a local bakery the other day that I cannot stop thinking about. The flavor was Wedding Day. Amazing. 
  • The other day I was putting on perfume and Lily came over, gave a big sniff and then said, "I KNEW I smelled something stinky!" Apparently I should be in the market for some new perfume.
  • 2 out of 2 of my children are not napping as they should be right now. However, they are both laying in their beds playing quietly. I'll take it.

  • We've started reading the Little House on the Prairie series and I realized I am missing 4 of the books in the middle of the set. So I found a nice set of the first 5 books on Amazon and ordered them. I wish I had the presence of mind to videotape Lily's reaction when we opened up the box yesterday. She immediately took out each book, hauled them up in the chair and started paging through them (even though she can't read yet). Then she hugged them all close, sniffed, and said, "I just LOVE these books, Mommy. They smell so good!" You can't get that with a Kindle ;) She's definitely my daughter!
  • I really need a haircut.
  • I'm ready for spring.
THE END

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Nooooooo! I want to ask about DA...but, then again I don't. I forsee some sadness with some of the things they have "hinted" at. :( Boo.

Kelly said...

Oh my word, totally cracked up about the perfume comment! :)
Lily is always looking at the Little House books. I love that she loves them and loves to have me read to her!
I read that article too - amazing!

 
Images by Freepik