Before we talk scents, lets talk candles. More accurately, the World's Best Candles, Gold Canyon. I still remember a few years ago when a friend invited me to my first party. I went somewhat begrudgingly, thinking I wanted to support my friend, but not really feeling like I wanted to spend money on a candle...after all, I could buy candles almost anywhere. Who needs a party for that? But I went and was totally blown away by the product. The candle I bought there was the first and only candle that I ever burned all the way to the bottom. I booked a party of my own that day and have been a faithful Gold Canyon consumer and cheerleader ever since.
What makes them so great?
Well, first and foremost, the scent. We've all had candles that only gave off mediocre scents, at best. I've burned candles in the past that only smelled good if you hovered your nose right over top of the flame. Not so with Gold Canyon! These babies will fill your room and sometimes several rooms with their scent! I've even had candles that will make your room smell great just by taking the top of - without even lighting the wick! In my humble opinion, their scents far outweigh their competition. Not naming names, but it starts with an "S" and rhymes with "Tentsy" ;)
The second is their even burn. Gold Canyon candles are double wicked which means they burn down evenly. You use the whole candle, not just the middle part. And as a bonus, the candle will automatically put itself out once you've burned it down to a certain point - so no worrying about burning your house down if you burn it too low. (Although I still wouldn't recommend burning it unattended :)
Finally, something I just learned at a party on Saturday - their wax is specially formulated to burn at a temperature that will NOT burn you if it splashes on you. I unintentionally put this to the test when I blew too hard on one of my candles on Monday and had wax splash up on my FACE. Yeah..not my finest moment. But it didn't burn me. I had wax all over my face...but it didn't burn!
And so you know, I'm not getting personally compensated for this - I just really love their candles!
So now, for some of my favorite fall scents!
#1: CRANBERRY ORANGE
This is a personal favorite of mine because it can go from fall to Christmas to winter. Side note: let's talk about how awesome those jars are! I love that they just have cut glass with no label. They look so classy and blend right in with my decor!
#2: PUMPKIN BERRY SPICE COOKIE:
I mean...come on. Do I really even need to say anything more about that? I don't think you could have a more perfect scent for fall, and it smells as good as it looks! Plus, that jar! I die. I did not buy this one and now I'm kicking myself!
#3: MULLED CIDER/MULLED HARVEST
Ok..so I snuck in a two-fer. These are very similar in smell, both are delicious. Go with Mulled Cider if you want more of an apple scent, Mulled Harvest if you want more of a clove scent. I personally prefer Mulled Cider, but you really can't go wrong with either!
#4: SALTED CARAMEL
When they name a candle after one of your favorite Starbucks drinks, you know it's gonna be good! This is pretty sweet smelling - makes your house smell like a bakery!
#5: COBBLER ON THE PORCH
If you want your kitchen to smell like you've been baking cobbler, this is the one! This was one of the first candles I tried (almost 7 years ago) and its still one of my favorites!
These are my top five...there are MANY more! Every year I want to buy at least ten, but I try to keep to just one fall and one Christmas scent. I didn't even get to the Christmas ones!
If you'd like to try one of these fabulous candles for yourself, my friend and candle supplier Marti Jo would be happy to help you out! Click here to go to her website. And if you just can't settle on one scent, consider booking a party. It's a great way to get more candle for your money! If you book a party in September or October you get an extra 16 oz candle on top of the already awesome hostess deals!
Ok. Shut up and get to the giveaway already, right?!? :)
We've got an 8 oz candle in the scent of your choice up for grabs! (Any scent, not just the ones listed here!) To enter, use the Rafflecopter below. The giveaway will run until midnight on Tuesday, October 1st. This a great way to snag a candle and get your house smelling yummy for fall!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I was provided with a candle to give away. All opinions are my own. Scouts honor!



17 comments:
How fun!! Thanks for the opportunity to win something so great.
Teri Selbher
I love Gold canyon too! I am actually having a book party right now too, if you still want to get that candle you didn't get! :)
I love fall too! I have candles I can't wait to pull out for fall. I've never heard of Gold Canyon, but I'm always excited to learn about different candles that actually leave a scent and not just look pretty. Sounds like Gold Canyon does both!
Amy ,
I also am a big fan of Gold Canyon candles, they are amazing, they smell up the entire house after just burning an hour and you can still smell the scent even if you are not burning them. I love fall because it means pumpkins are out and time for me to make pumpkin purée, and other fall goodies like applesauce and apple crisp which make the house smell amazing. Also enjoy being outside with all the colors and smell of fires. I love it.
Funny--we were just talking about these candles. Sugar cookie & Morroccan Amber Vanilla are my faves--but maybe i'll branch out to one of your faves *when* I win ;)
Thank you for hosting the candle giveaway! I always have candles burning, especially in the colder months.
scfrank02@yahoo.com
These candles look amazing! I love the smell of our house after I've burned a candle for a few hrs. and combining that with smell of the fall air when the windows are open.
These are my fav candles too! Never going back to any others!!
Fall, windows open and soup on the stove!!
I've never heard of these candles, but they sound amazing! My favorite thing about fall is pumpkin bread and holidays!
Seriously, love Gold Canyon candles! I got hooked on them back in high school....I think they are rooted in AZ actually? Love them! Everything about Fall is my favorite-the crisp, fresh, cool air and beautiful colors! The best season there is in my opinion :)
What fun! I have had a couple of these candles, and you're right...they're fantastic!
I've never heard of Gold Canyon candles before, but it would be great to try them!
I love so many things about fall: cooler weather, bon fires, soup, baking fall treats, pumpkins, and the list goes on! :-)
I have never had a Gold Canyon candle before... I'm kind of afraid to admit that after your post. :)
I've also never had a Gold Canyon candle before. I'd love to win!
Fav thing about fall? Open windows, fresh air and wearing scarves. :)
First of all, I am SO glad you're blogging again. I've missed your posts.
Second, YUM! I've never tried Gold Canyon. I've been into Scentsy the last few years and I miss an actual flickering flame.
My favorite thing about fall...crunchy leaves, windows open, soup w/crusty bread, sweaters, scarves, EVERYTHING! It's my favorite season.
So bummed about the Pumpkin Berry spice cookie costing $38, tho! :/ But you are right - they are amazing, and yummy. I'd love any kind!
Reading your post makes me want to dig out all my candles!
Post a Comment